2012/11/28

WWE Main Event 11-28-12 review



It is time for WWE Main Event folks where we will see Damien Sandow take on John Cena and I am sure tons of recaps so that there is no reason to watch Raw each week.  I like that they start the show off with Michael Cole and JBL in the ring, gives the show a different feel.  

They are showing a video package on Cena.  I don't like seeing John in the ring, I think he is extremely overexposed but the man does such great things outside the ring.  This is an extremely old video as they just show Regis and Kelly and WWE 2011.  As mentioned recently on Raw the man has done 300+ Make a Wish presentations or whatever you call them.  Do I want to see him in the ring each week and main event each PPV and continually see him on TV?  No I think he needs a little time off but he is a man who more kids should want to be like.  The other thing is that Cena can wrestle he just does what Vince McMahon wants.


We are also seeing a package on Sandow.  I like Sandow, he is really good in the ring and on the mic.  He does little things that make him a star, the facial expressions, the way he holds the mic and things like that.  He stands out because of that.  I never thought much of him as Aaron "Idol" Stevens but he has hit it out of the park as Sandow.  Oh and I love the robe and towel that Sandow wears, a great unique look right now in wrestling and old school.

As Cena hits the ring let me say I would have Cena lose this because of Vicki Guerrero or Dolph Ziggler.  It would give Sandow a huge win and it wouldn't hurt Cena at all.  Plus this show isn't hugely watched and showing this major angle on Raw next week will help the shows ratings.  I don't see them doing that but that is how'd I book it.  


Thus far some stalling by Sandow and a little chain wrestling.  Lately I've really enjoyed the cocky smirking that Cena has been doing in this matches and the looks to the crowd.  Cena has been working harder lately it seems to me.  Maybe even he sees how stupid the AJ Lee storyline is.  They are doing the walkout angle that Sandow does often and Cena throws him back in.  I hope we see the Rotation of Illumination at some point tonight.  Time for our first break!


Sandow has got more offense then I expected to be honest but honestly every week this has probably the best match on WWE TV.  Wow Sandow with a drop toe hold and Cena onto the second rope.  I guess I have to take back what I said about Rey Misterio on my Raw review.  Break number two is happening now!


YES!  We come back and it is the Rotation of Illumination!  YES YES YES!  Sorry but I love it, as he did his cartwheel while Cena was tied in the ropes.  I don't like the way Cena gets sent into the stairs on the outside.  It doesn't make a lot of sense.  I always liked the Mick Foley way of going over with it hitting it with his knee not the shoulder like Cena but Cena's way is probably safer and that important too.  My other main gripe about Cena is he doesn't sell when going into his Five Knuckle Shuffle, suddenly he is fresh as a daisy, as the saying goes.  Cena countered the Straightjacket Neckbreaker and locks in the STF and Sandow tapped almost before it was locked in.  What I expected outcome wise but a wasted opportunity in my opinion.  You could argue that Sandow had a good showing and that helps him but honestly people don't remember that, it is wins and loses that most fans remember.  


We come back and find out the WWE stars have granted over 5000 wishes for Make a Wish and then it is Raw rebound.  Click here and go read what I thought about the show!


The recap was to put over The Shield, Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins, and their attack on Ryback at the end of Raw.  Time for Josh Matthews it be joined by Damien...but he is not there and gave Josh a letter to read.  Find a copy of this segment as I can't do it justice.  I completely love the way they've handled his character!


Here comes Antonio Cesaro, the US Champ, and we get a video of some of his big hits including the amazing uppercut on  Sheamus from Monday night.  


I don't get why they show commercials for this show DURING this show.  I don't want Ion so I don't know if they do any other time but it is weird.


We are back and it'll be Zach Ryder taking on Antonio.  Remember when Ryder meant something?  When he main evented Raw with CM Punk and Daniel Bryan?  When they were chanting for Ryder when The Rock was in the ring?  Yeah WWE hopes no ones does!  HE was extremely over but I talked about all this recently.  This far it has been all US Champ.  I like Cesaro but I have no reason to care about him as a character.  I've never seen this before, Cesaro gave Ryder a hip toss from the apron onto the post.  Time for our last commercial   


We're back and it has been almost all Cesaro and his power moves.  Ryder is having a few last moments of offense before falling to Cesaro.  A slingshot bodypress is countered with the European Uppercut and we see the Neutralizer and we get a promo from Cesaro to end the show.


Cesaro says he is the greatest champion and out comes CM Punk...oh wait its The Big Show...nope it is Kofi Kingston and next week we'll see the IC Champ taking on the US Champ.  I can't wait to see when and how Kofi takes that European Uppercut!

It is the holiday season and below is a link to Amazon.  If you're going to buy anything by clicking on it I get a little bit from Amazon.  Click it if you're already going to buy something or if you weren't you can now!  


Until next time, this is the Fat Man saying....Abyssinia!!  


Results:


John Cena defeated Damien Sandow

Antonio Cesaro defeated Zach Ryder



No comments: