2012/11/26

11-26-12 Raw review





I am going to update this during each commercial break, something I haven't done before.  Let see how this works out for everyone.  Also if you are going to buying from Amazon for the holidays this year click the link below.  I get a little back from Amazon for it.  I have most of the superstars linked and there is a link at the bottom of the page.  Just think about it please.

After missing the last few shows I am back boys and girls with a review of Monday Night Raw!


Raw is live and we start off with Ryback.  We are going to hear from Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose and instead of live it is taped.  Way to get them over!  Ryback is facing Titus O'Neil.  Gee I wonder who will win here.  Titus could be a major start but instead is going to continue to be looked at as a loser thanks to things like this!  My guess is on Smackdown he will beat them in a handicap match.  The fans are into Ryback but they are missing the boat and this is why there are no new stars.


Ryback just called the NXT guys outsiders, bad choice of words there but I like the brief promos of Ryback and the fans are into him.


We are back from break and Ryback is still in the ring and the yellow shirt security is on the way to the ring.  The rent a cop at my old Barnes and Noble who sat in our bathroom for hours each night was more intimidating!  One down and four to go.  Thankfully out comes Vicki Guerrero is out here to stop this.  Vicki is giving Ryback the TLC match he wants at the TLC PPV if Ryback leaves.  If I am the guys in the back I know how to get my match on the PPV.  He flexes and the security goes running and we have our Raw main event.


They are actually continuing with the Hornswoggle and Rosa Mendes storyline and now Alberto Del Rio and everyones favorite The Great Khali is involved!  Good grief.  How can Alberto fall so quickly from his destiny being the World Champion to being in an angle with Hornswoggle.


Back from break and we have the match everyone wanted to see between Alberto and Khali.  Wow the fans are actually cheering Khali.  I am more interested in why my WWE app isn't working than this match.  I sure didn't miss Khali although one of my favorite live moments was trying to figure out what Khali was saying in a house show interview.  Khali makes me look athletic!  The WWE app just told me in June Khali tapped out to the armbreaker and he does the same tonight.  *yawn*  Not a great first 1/6th of Raw.  I hate that the announcers make this out like a big win.


CM Punk and Paul Heyman are in Vicki's office and is upset.  All three of these guys are great and Heyman is doing his slimeball act. Later tonight it will be Punk against either Kane or Daniel Bryan tonight.  Twitter will decide!


During the break let me say the WWE: The Attitude Era DVD was okay.  I only watched the documentary part as I was there for some of the moments they talked about and watched all of them on TV.  It was just over and hour I think and was almost all positive which I didn't like.  I would have liked to have some people talk about them pushing the line too far.  Well Mick Foley did a little but I have to believe people thought it.


We are back and they recap last week Ryback getting destroyed by Team NXT (don't know what they are calling them yet) and we are going to their taped interview.  Taped...really WWE?  Seth is wearing a hat, hopefully to cover that goofy haircut!  They look like they belong teaming with the Big Boss Man in those security outfits.  They aren't working for Punk they say.  They are upset with the WWE Universe because everyone answers them and things have become a popularity contest.  It is about right and wrong they say.  Dean Ambrose is wearing gloves, strangely I like that.  He says it is about honor. They are a shield from injustice...they are the Shield.  I guess that is their name.  Reigns says he has something to say and that is that they've said enough and walk away.  Interesting.  The Shield huh?  Interesting name.  Not a very good interview to introduce them, that is for sure.


Back from break and it is time for a Fandango promo.  Yeah that will get a young Johnny Curtis over.  Tamina Snuka is about to redebut and she is about to kill Alicia Fox.  Fox works hard but we know where this is going to end up.  However I kind of hope La Parka comes out to save Fox.  If you don't get the reference check out Fox's ring attire and then look up La Parka.  Tamina has odd ring gear and hits the Superfly Splash.  I am about to give up on the Interactive App tonight as it is not working worth a crap.


John Cena is out for the "As the Ring Turns" segment...that would be true if we were down in Disney. Yes that was a WCW Worldwide reference boys and girls, look it up!  This angle makes me miss WCW and Vince Russo...well almost...no one misses Russo!  Cena has made me laugh twice already which is odd.  I like Cena actually when he is able to be more himself and less PG douche-muppet.  My favorite part of Raw is happening as AJ Lee is coming out looking amazing as always!  Some moron on twitter just thanked the arena for the "What" chants.  He should be beaten, nursed back to health, and beaten again.  Good grief more flirting and such with Lee and Cena.  She just spanked Cena and he dropped the mic which made me laugh again.  As much as I've hated this story line AJ has been really good on the mic through all this, better than I expected.  Dolph Ziggler is out and adds nothing to this storyline.  Why is this on at that 9pm hour?  They need to have something that will keep and get viewers and this isn't it.  They are throwing away Ziggler and Cena on Raw?  That should be on PPV and they are throwing it away with no build up?  Good grief!  Yes I know I say that a lot here but its better than me swearing a ton.


Wade Barrett is doing announcing as Kofi Kingston is taking on Tensai.  I will go out on a limb here and say Kofi beats Tensai.  Tensai came in and could have been a solid midcarder but is now just an enhancement talent.  I've always dug Tensai but he doesn't stand out anymore.  As Albert with the body hair he did but he is just another guy.  Barrett actually is pretty good as an announcer surprisingly.  Raw is pretty predictable anymore.  Barrett gets a shot at the IC title at TLC and I see him walking out with the title.


YES!  Team Hell No!  They are doing an election map where Kane isn't winning anywhere.  I love these guys and that moron Josh Matthews just showed up.  More Team Hell No damn it!  So let me get this straight...Daniel was trending worldwide and yet he doesn't get to face Punk.  Shows that these polls aren't real, not that Punk and Kane will be bad.  We are going to get Daniel taking on Rey Misterio which could be good even though I hate Rey Rey.

Okay I am done with the WWE app, not working at all sadly.  I think Daniel and I should team up and be the Bearded Duo.  Let me tell you why I hate Misterio, it is because all his moves are moved that only he does.  I mean that the only time someone is sat on the top rope is when it is Misterio.  The only time someone falls on the middle rope is with Misterio.  This is the match that should have opened the 9pm hour because it is something people will stay and watch.  Commercial break time!

Back and D-Bry is destroying Rey Rey which is good.  D-Bry should win but probably won't.  I really like the facial expressions of D-Bry.  He looks crazy at times and he has quite a split personality vibe.  I hate this goat thing with Daniel, its as bad as Vicki being called fat.  Daniel couldn't get the No Lock sadly as I really want to see Rey tap out!  The tag team champion Daniel loses...again...which he always does.  He is basically an enhancement talent anymore and I hate that big time.

Yes more recaps of the AJ angle.  That is enough WWE, we don't need this many recaps.  It doesn't make it must see TV because if I miss it I'll see it 5 times later in the show and on every other show for a week.

Lance Storm just pointed out on twitter how natural Dean Ambrose was in the interview earlier and he was.  I have seen a few promos down in NXT but that was the one bright spot in the interview earlier.

This match shouldn't be happening, Cena and Dolph should be PPV stuff where Dolph wins to continue to build him as a star.  Already with the dueling chants.  I hate wrestling fans anymore.  This match already feels rushed and we are going to break.

I love when commercials use "famous" people that I have no clue who they are.  We are back and Cena is down.  I don't get the sit up counting thing, was that going to be a 10 count knock out?  Wow what a DDT....hey  Michael Cole I was typing that!  I love Cena's roll through into the AA every time he does it.  Always impressive.  This has been a decent match but not as good as I expected thus far.  Let me say right now the announcing this week has been much better.  Toned down a bit and more storytelling.  Cena "hurt" his knee and Ziggler taking the turnbuckle pad off.  AJ comes out to stop her and Vicki comes out to stop AJ and AJ gets the crazy look.  Cena, bad knee and all, with the AA and the win erasing the amazing week Dolph had last week.  Nice to see Scott Armstrong back after getting his face kicked in and the WWE following up with that storyline.  *sigh*  More swapping of spit in the ring.  Each close up on Cena reminds me of the actor who played Jay on The Wire: The Complete Series.  Throw a couple hundred pounds and an Arbys sandwich and they are the same person.

Up next is Sheamus and Antonio Cesaro.  This match also makes no sense.  They could build up to this match or wrap it into the The Big Show storyline where Show gets Antonio all worked up lying about things Sheamus said.  Or that Show pays him off or something like that.  Instead they just throw this match out there.

Wow they just showed the wrong Smackdown promo, Vinnie Mac is freaking out on that aircraft carrier right now.

We've already seen one half of the tag team champions lose and I have the feeling we'll see the US champion and the other half of the tag champs lose as well.  I don't know why WWE is obsessed with their champions looking like losers.  This has been a lot better than I expected.  Antonio is looking like a star and a lose won't hurt him as bad as I thought but a win would be huge.  Awesome European Uppercut to counter the battering ram but loses by count out after the Brogue Kick knocked him out of the ring.  Show comes out and destroys a chair and Sheamus looks concerned.

I just had an idea.  I see the Shield coming out and attacking Kane tonight setting up Team Hell No and The Shield at TLC where they take the titles.  I said it right here before the Punk and Kane match.  Just throwing that thought out there.

Here comes Damien Sandow and that is a good thing.  Mouth breathing!  LOVE IT!  Here is Zach Ryder, a guy who a year ago was one of the biggest stars in the company.  The fans LOVED Ryder and he got himself over so WWE buried him.  He wasn't suppose to be over and damn it they would make sure the fans didn't care about him.  They took over his youtube show and censored it several times.  I am not a fan of Ryder but I respect his hard work.  He works hard and deserved everything he got until WWE buried him.  I think Ryder is wearing Ghostbuster gear!  Well sort of as it is the Ghostbuster logo all Ryderered up.  Kind of cool!  One thing about Ryder and Sandow both, they both work really hard and I respect that.  Big neckbreaker and Sandow wins which he should have.  They could rebuild Ryder but they won't because they don't want him to be a star.  The Rotation of Illumination!  LOVE IT!

This show started off slow but it has actually been pretty good and I am kind of surprised to see it is 10:40pm.  Didn't seem quite that late and that is a good thing for WWE.  I still think they should only do one 3 hour Raw a month and make it something special.  A King of the Ring show, a Lethal Lottery type show etc.  Make it PPV or Clash of the Champions like, but what do I know, I am just a stupid fan who needs Vince McMahon to tell me what I want to see.

Jerry Lawler just made me laugh with his Cemetery plot joke.  They are showing the Shield interview so why should I have watched the whole show when this is what I wanted to see this week.  Tune in at 10:30 and get to see the important stuff and not have to sit through a Khali match.  This interview is actually better the second time.  Seth and Dean both seem very natural...Roman Reigns not so much.  He seems to be playing a character while the other seem to be themselves.  However again why do the replays?  Talk about it while Kane is coming out but make people regret missing it and watch your entire show next week.

This is an interesting match and I can see this going either way.  However before this match starts CM Punk was awesome on The Talking Dead last night, a talk show after each new The Walking Dead on AMC.  These two have had really good matches in the past but really both men usually do.  Time for the last commercial break.

Another good match here and aside from the first half hour this has been a good show.  Not great or groundbreaking but solid which is what a show should be with the PPV 3 weeks away.  Solid wrestling that makes me want to see more this week instead of dreading it.  I think we just saw the Shield coming out in the crowd...and we did.  Kane was distracted and Punk clips Kane and hits the GTS for the win.  Unfortunately Seth still has the stupid haircut.  They act like they are about to attack Punk but of course it is Kane they attack.  YES!  Here comes Daniel saving Kane only to take a beating himself.  Where is Ryback if he wanted these guys so bad?  The fans are chanting for him and finally his music hits.  Punk hides in the crowd and Ryback throws all three guy away.  Great way to build these three.  They do get the upper hand again after Punk and Ryback go at it a bit.  The Shield looked a little weak there and it is too early for them to look that way in my opinion.  Punk stands over the fallen Ryback and that is where WWE leaves us folks.

Watch the show if you have time as it was pretty entertaining.  Until next time, this is the Fat Man saying Abyssinia!

Results:


Ryback defeated Titus O'Neil

Alberto Del Rio defetaed The Great Khali
Tamina Snuka defeated Alicia Fox
Kofi Kingston defeated Tensai
Rey Misterio defeated Daniel Bryan
John Cena defeated Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus defeated Antonio Cesaro
Damien Sandow defeated Zach Ryder
CM Punk defeated Kane






No comments: