2012/11/18

NXT 11-14-12 review



We start off this weeks show with Jinder Mahal talking about his match with Seth Rollins this week.  Bo Dallas interrupts after being called a nobody.  Bo wants a rematch and Jinder agrees.  Bo wants the title shot on the line and Jinder asks why would he do that?  Bo says that Jinder is scared and he agrees.  Why?  That makes no sense!  Just like on TNA this week why would ANYONE do that?  I hate that tired storyline.  Its like Marty McFly in Back to the Future, don't call him chicken!

Anyway we go to the ring where the Ascension is going to take on Yoshi Tatsu and Percy Watson.  Percy has charisma and given the chance could make a great midcard guy.  Yoshi is....well Yoshi.  The Ascension however is a great team.  They have a great look and great gimmick.  A new hair cut on Coner O'Brian helps him erase the stupid rat gimmick.  Coner is billed from Michigan so he is a local boy for me.  I think this team needs a chance on the main roster if they are serious about rebuilding the tag division.  They hit the Fall of Man, Total Elimination if you're an old school ECW fan, for the win.  I like this team.  I would sign James Mitchell as a manager for them and it will be great.

In the back we have Layla and Aksana and they are all catty with each other.  I guess they are having a match....or an interview segment...I don't know.  

Next up is Corey Graves, the dude with the tattoos from last week.  He looks like Vanilla Ice, and I don't think that is a good thing!  His opponent is Oliver Grey, who gets no entrance.  I wonder who is winning this!  Seriously this dude looks like Vanilla Ice and throw in skin head boots, jeans and suspenders.  Thus far this is the worst episode of NXT I've seen.  The fans aren't into either of these guys, although they are suddenly doing dueling chants.  I hate fans anymore, I really do!  Neither of these guys make me star or even jobber.  Maybe they just don't mesh with each other but these guys just don't match what we usually see on NXT.  Graves locked in a rolling leg lock for the win.  Not impressed to say the least.  Yes they are better than I would be but that is why I didn't follow through with the idea of getting into the ring!  

We get a Big E Langston video package and then an interview from the man with a $5000 bounty on his head!  Langston is worried for anyone who tries to collect on the bounty.  Not a great promo, in the days of old he would get a manager, but that doesn't happen anymore.  Here is a guy you will all remember, Camatcho, who hits Big E and then runs!  That won't get you any money.

Time for Layla and Aksana.  Oh I forgot to mention that Byron Saxton is the ring announce this week.  Byron is a pretty good announcer and could be the future in announcing if he focuses on it and talks to guys like JR.  Aksana has been around for a long time for a diva without ever getting a real big push.  She had a brief thing with Teddy Long and Goldust but not big in ring push.  Layla of course is all over WWE TV.  Aksana sexily crawled on the apron and Layla kicked her off.  Wow Aksana's punches and forearms are awful.  This match is too long, and I know that goes against what I've said about diva matches in the past, but this is just not good.  I realize that NXT is about learning but they probably should have called this a few minutes earlier.

We now get some Bray Wyatt stuff.  Weird ramblings but interesting ramblings!  If only he did have the body type he has, because he has the mic skills and the in ring skills, but not the body sadly.

We now have Roman Reigns taking on Chase Donovan, the guy Big E destroyed last week I believe.  The guy is from Boston, one of the worst places ever, so I am a Reigns fan right now.  Reigns has the look but I haven't seen the skill yet.  His gimmick is sort of like the old MVP gimmick of him being the star.  Reigns hit his version of the Side Effect for the win.  I still wasn't impressed.

Time for our main event and Bo should get the win like I said last week.  Nothing like making Jinder look like a moron.  I hate this match idea but I already talked about that.  Not a whole lot here, a good match between these two guys.  Jinder has been on the offense for a while so they will probably go with the sudden win, a small package or spear out of nowhere.  Wow a nice belly to belly suplex by Bo.  Good grief Bo just hit the second turnbuckle hard and we have the Camel Clutch.  What?  Wow, Jinder won with the title shot on the line!  Bravo NXT for not going with the usual.  Makes me look a little foolish after my ranting and raving earlier.  Like last week here comes Seth Rollins for the save.  

Probably the worst NXT show I've seen, just a middle of the road show with the diva's match really bringing it down.  Until next time Abyssinia!

No comments: