2012/11/14

Main Event 11-14-12 Review





It is Wednesday night, I have Ion TV on so that means on thing...it is time for the MAIN EVENT!  Tonight the main event is another tag team match between Team Hell No (Daniel Bryan/Kane) taking on Team Rhodes Scholars (Cody Rhodes/Damien Sandow) for the tag team titles!

The new good guy Miz and Michael Cole are at ringside and we see a recap of Rhodes Scholars taking on Kane and Miz from Raw this past week which wasn't a great show.  We start off with a Team Hell No interview.  They now have Daniel acting like a jealous girlfriend and Kane walks off.  After he walks off Rhodes Scholars attacks Daniel and leaving him beat up.

I like that thus far they haven't changed Miz's smug attitude.  He is the same guy it is just now he is a good guy and I dig that.  We new have a video package for Team Hell No, which they should have done BEFORE the interview.  I will say it again however, that this is the best thing going on WWE TV.  I hated it when it first started but it has really grown on me.  I actually wish we had more of the anger management classes actually.

Surprisingly after that opening attack we still get the tag team title match first.  It'll be interesting to see if they do a title change here shortly before the Survivor Series.  Also will Miz come into play here as well.  It is an interesting match this close to the pay per view.  These are four of my favorite guys with the company right now.  I've mentioned before how much I respect for Kane for his ability to constantly evolve character wise.  Wow Miz just brought up John Morrison on WWE TV.  Didn't expect that!  Kane and Daniel actually pushing and shoving each other after Kane hit Daniel.  I don't like that.  I like the verbal arguing yet they haven't actually hit each other.  Its that big brother little brother dynamic that I like.

Why is there a commercial for this show DURING this show?  Isn't that something that drove ECW fans nuts during their run on what became Spike TV?  

Wow that was an ugly back body drop that Cody just took, landing on his shoulder and nearly his neck!  It is interesting that Rhodes Scholars has been in charge and Cody might be hurt from that back drop and the trainers were out there and Cody is just laying there with his head on the mat.  Cody seems really shaken up and out of it on the apron.

This might be the best show WWE puts on each show with the main roster.  They just showed a replay of the backdrop and he didn't land just on his shoulder but his head as well.  He might be concussed and that isn't good with the PPV Sunday.  A chokeslam followed by a diving headbutt and Team Hell No with another victory!  I won't if that was the plan or if an they had to make a change because of Cody's injury.  Watch out Matt Striker, he is interviewing Team Hell No.  He quickly leaves asking if Daniel and Miz can bury the hatchet.  Kane say the answer should be "Yes! Yes! Yes!"  Miz offers his hand and Daniel shakes his head no a few times.  Kane tells Daniel something now he starts screaming no and then offers to "hug it out".  Miz walks away without hugging it out?  That is too bad, but it might be because Miz is decked out in his suit and D-Bry is all sweaty.


Wow, a new WWE 13 commercial starting CM Punk.  A good game which I'll do a review of soon.

We now have a video package for the main event at the Survivor Series between CM PunkJohn Cena and Ryback.  They also throw in some Brad Maddox stuff, which I wonder if that is storyline is done.  Go to my Raw review to see what happened on Raw between these three.  Should be a good match and I see Punk keeping the title but that is just me.  Remember they already announced at the Royal Rumble the WWE Champion will face The Rock for the title.

Dolph Ziggler is being interviewed and he is bashing Team Foley and the Miz is sticking up for them.  They are setting up a match between the two next week perhaps and Dolph just took a cheap shot at the  Cleveland Browns and we have our match next week.

Uggg, Santino Marella is on the way to the ring.  WHY?!?!  I hope he is facing the Big Show and he breaks his jaw like he did William Regal's on Raw!

It is Santino taking on David Otunga?  What did we do to deserve this?  Whatever it is I am sorry!  Can I cheer for the ref in this match?  Okay that isn't fair as these guys are both professionals and doing something that many people, including myself, wish they could do.  Also you can't blame them for the crappy gimmicks and characters they get but man I don't care about either of these guys at all.  Santino with the win with....the Cobra.  I refuse to explain that move because I will feel completely silly doing it.

Results:

Team Hell No defeated Team Rhodes Scholars
Santino Marella defeated David Otunga





No comments: