2012/11/20

Time for a rant....

I haven't ranted and raved on my blog for a while, and it might be because I currently feel like crap, but here we go. (There is some strong language here.  Usually I like hearing the other side but right now if you don't agree with me just close the browser window and come back tomorrow for wrestling stuff)

Black Friday is upon us and stores are trying everything they can to get people into their stores including deciding to open up early on Thanksgiving day and that has people up in arms.  Bitch and moaning that they might have to work that day and blah blah blah blah blah.

You know something, you don't have to work that day.  You can just not show up.  No one is MAKING you work that day.  There are 12 million people, including myself, looking for work and you're going to bitch because you have to work?  If any of you are in my area come tell me and I'll gladly take the job from you and be there with bells on Thanksgiving day.  You god damn people should be giving thanks that you have a job!

You won't be working all day for the love of all things good and evil!  Target is opening at 9pm and people are up in arms!  Wal-Mart it is 6pm and you'd thing they are asking their employees to be there 24 hours a day.  And don't start with your god damn anti-Wal-Mart bullshit either boys and girls.  Just because you don't like them don't make them evil.  They don't do anything that Target or the rest of them don't do.  

If I was Wal-Mart I would tell my employees anyone who is scheduled to work Thanksgiving and doesn't is fired.  No questions asked.  When I was a manager I did my best to make sure my employees didn't have to work when they wanted time off.  I would bend over backwards but at the end of the day you are an employee and might not get what you want.  

Thanksgiving is an excuse people use to see their families, eat a lot of food and then watch football.  Guess what, you can do that for some 16 Sunday's (maybe more) so shut the fuck up.  If you care about you're family you would see them more often than just Thanksgiving.  

Is it too bad that some people have to work?  Of course it is if they want to be with their families, however there isn't a retail job that doesn't say right on the application that you might work holidays weekends and evenings!  May be I am wrong about that but I know any forms I've filled out have said that.

I didn't even know Wal-Mart was closed on Thanksgiving to be honest.  I thought the only day they closed was Christmas.  

This is like bitching to a starving man that your steak was overcooked.  12 million people out of work and these assholes are bitching because they have to work on a made up American Holiday.  Pardon my language here but fuck you people.  Happy fucking holidays

No comments: