2015/09/01

Rant time....you've been warned

I am starting to get sick and tired of religious people using it as an excuse to not do things.  If you've been a long time reader of my blog or know me personally, you know that I am agnostic and as close to being an atheist as one can be without being one.  The only reason I am not an atheist is because they've become just as bad as the religious people, trying to force their view point on people and using it as an excuse to not do things.

Here is the deal.  Lets say you're a county clerk and you don't want to issue marriage licenses anymore because now everyone can get married.  You don't "believe" God would want you to do that or some bullshit.  Fine, you have that right, don't issue the licenses.  However you leave office and you go do whatever you want.  I don't think you should have to do anything that goes against your moral code.  However you don't have the right to stop other people from getting what they're lawfully due.

A group of Christian Freshmen at Duke decided they aren't going to read a book called "Fun Home"  It is currently the #1 Biographies & History Graphic Novels on Amazon.  I have never heard of it but I guess it has "depictions of sexuality in it violate their Christian beliefs."  Good for them, if they don't want to read it don't!  However if you're tested you run the risk of failing that area.  Plain and simple.

What I don't understand is why this is news.  College kids don't read their text books all the time.  I didn't even buy textbooks for my last class and I got a 4.0 in it...because well I'm pretty damn awesome!  Okay that was kind of silly questions because I know why it is news.  The religious (and that includes the atheists, sorry you folks have churches now...oh right "meeting places) have to play the victim card here.  Like they're being hunted down or persecuted for their beliefs.

Well I've got news for you, you aren't, not here in America.  The only people in the world hunting you down are other religious nuts!  Do you know what I want?  What I believe most Americans want?  For ALL OF YOU TO SHUT THE FUCK UP!  Go to your fucking churches if you want...or don't go I don't care.  However don't go waving it around like it makes you better then me!  I don't need a fucking book and a fucking building to know right from wrong.  I don't need fictional stories to point my moral compass.  If you do or if you need that to make you feel happy with life then do it!  Go every fucking day and get down on your knees and pray for my soul if it makes you feel better.

However when you start fucking discriminating against people because you think they are "sinners" then you and I have a problem sunshine.  I would love for a county clerk somewhere to refuse to Christians marriage licenses until Kim Davis does her job.  I'd love for a bakery to refuse to do a wedding cake for Christians because they don't believe in their faith.  Holy fucking shit the religious nuts heads would explode and I personally would love every minute of it.

I'm tired of religion and what it brings out of people.  What is suppose to bring out the good and the caring mostly brings out the ugly and the hate.  Look at the Westboro Baptist Church or the guy who threatened to burn the Quran a few years ago.  Or the Taliban.  Or....well I could go on but you get my point.

I'd like to point out that I don't remember one evil thing being done in the name of the agnostic people!  I could be wrong however

So enough is enough people!  Stop looking for ways for you to be the victims.  Go about your day, make the choices your moral compass points you toward, but know there are ramifications on those choices.  Unlike when you were a kid reading your choose your own adventure books, just because you kept your finger on the last page doesn't mean you get to go back!

Until next time, this is a sick (literally) and tired (literally) bearded fat man saying...abyssinia!

No comments: