2015/09/26

Review of Doctor Who: The Witch's Familiar



Two blogs today because it is Doctor Who Day!  We see the second part of a two part season debut. Last week we saw the return of Devros after a 5+ year absence.  Missy returned, yeah I know shocker, and turned on the Doctor, yeah I know also a shocker, only to be "killed" by the Dalek. Clara also found herself EXTERMINATED.  We saw that the Doctor might be the reason the Dalek exist as he failed to save Devros as a child.  How will the Doctor respond to Devros and the Dalek killing Clara and Missy?  Enough questions lets watch The Witch's Familiar!
  • And that pretty much ruined everything from the last episode, way to go writers.
  • Still don't like Missy
  • How much fun is Peter having in that scene?  I would have fun driving that thing
  • Well that is the things of nightmares!
  • I wonder if they could make Missy anymore over the top
  • Is kid Devros from the Game of Throne world?  
  • #4 had the same choice
  • It is like a cancer Devros, I'd remove it if I could from me
  • Not the first time she has been a Dalek....is she going to ask for eggs?
  • Why did he leave?
  • Did Missy fight the Supreme Dalek or the Master?
  • Are they making me care about Devros?  Compassion truly is a cancer
  • Oh the question...the same question that the Doctor asked.  The question we all ask of ourselves at least once in our lives
  • Oh that is good!
  • This episode is flying by
  • Did they have to pay Google for this idea?
  • Oh Devros...what have you done!
So spoilers will follow so you've been warned

So I am confused by all this.  First off LOVED IT!  However I am confused by a few things.  Why did the Dalek have compassion/mercy suddenly?  Was it from merging with the Doctor or because of what the Doctor did?  I mean the creation of the Dalek should be "time locked' shouldn't it?  How can the Doctor effect any of it.  So much of the history of the Universe is tied to them.  So what the Doctor did always happened right?  This is the one thing about Doctor Who that makes it difficult sometimes.  What came first, the mercy or the act to give Devros mercy.  I am of the firm belief that the creation of the Dalek and Devros past has to be time locked (or anything of major consequence).  So this is what ALWAYS happened.  When you throw in that Clara is involved (she also is time locked with the Doctor I believe since she entered his time stream....or did we forget that already). That isn't it say the episode was perfect.  I really didn't like Missy.  I don't like the character at all.  She was okay last season but four episodes of her reminds me of River Song.  In small doses okay but once you start seeing her more and more often she loses her special factor.  We didn't see Master in episode after episode before and that is why he was special.  Its like the old saying, we can't miss you if you don't leave!  

I am interested in seeing where things go from here.  I miss grumpy Doctor but I think they realized the majority of people didn't like him as much as I did.  I connected with grumpy Doctor...perhaps they need a grumpy bearded American companion for next season....I am looking for something new in my life BBC, being on a worldwide TV sensation would be a change.  Just throwing it out there BBC, let me know, I can clear my schedule!

Okay enough of my ramblings.  I'll return tomorrow for Fear the Walking Dead for sure if not more! As always please click HERE for my Amazon store, the holidays are coming up.  Please us my store to make your Amazon purchases.  You don't pay more but I get a bit of a kick back.  If you want to see me review a movie let me know in in the comments.  If you have books you'd like to me to read let me know, I'm always in the mood for a good book.  I'm reading a good zombie book whose title escapes me right now each day at lunch.

Until next time...remember "I'm not sure any of it matters, friends, enemies, so long as theres mercy...always mercy".  As always....Abyssinia!

No comments: