2015/09/05

Fear the Walking Dead Episode 2

I'm back and after another week on the road for work it is time to get caught up with some zombie action and Fear the Walking Dead.  Will it pick up 1/3 of the way through the season?  We shall see...
I'll try to avoid spoilers but remember this is nearly a week old and if you're reading a review hopefully you've seen it already

  • Interesting that even thought the outbreak hasn't hit yet, or the great panic if this was World War Z, there is already a feeling of everything being empty and abandoned.  
  • An open door, never a good sign
  • Smashed flowers...do zombies hate flowers or did one of the Mario Brothers show up looking for fire power
  • Oh man a bus or an airplane would suck!  World War Z had a pretty good representation of how bad an outbreak on a plane would be I think, I wonder how The Walking Dead would handle an airplane outbreak/attack
  • Shades of Jim from Season 1 in the camper....I think Jim's death hit me harder then just about anyone on the show.  Jim and Dale
  • A little early to try and make us feel about these characters.  This would have been better in episode 4 or 5 if we knew Matt but thus far we've seen him maybe 10 minutes so there isn't much effect.  Or I'm just cold blooded
  • Oh man even in TV shows cops are just going around killing people! 
  • Are they implying that it was the flu shots?  But how did EVERYONE get infected?  The flu shots/vaccine are actually a common tool in zombie fiction but it doesn't fit the everyone is infected theory.  
  • Weird cinematography there
  • Wow detox hit fast!
  • I think the writers of the Walking Dead have mom abandonment issues.  Lori and and now this mom always leaving their kids
  • Lucky number 13 boys and girls, remember that!
  • Into the empty school, alone, always a smart plan.  Do these people not watch horror movies?!?!  However no flashing lights so I think she is okay....
  • Where did she get a pry rod?
  • Ah yeah, riot before the outbreak!  People are not very smart
  • Jack Boot?  Nice
  • Quite a few weird camera shots and angles
  • Vomit is gross!
  • Tobias is actually pretty smart, too bad I have a bad feeling for the youngster.  Smart people don't last long on the Walking Dead!
  • Too late, they're already in the building if you're hearing the alarm
  • President Obama....NO!  (The actor looked like the President)
  • They left all the food?  A school bomb shelter wouldn't be horrible as long as a bunch of people didn't know about it or you could lock it from the inside. I mean eventually you've got to leave but hopefully you can hold out a few years and by then the cities should be mostly emptied as the dead head out for those out in the wilds
  • AH YEAH!  RIOT!  RIOT!  RIOT!
  • Oh...they're hiding something...like a sick person
  • I like that people don't understand zombies in the show.  Honestly we know about zombies and would you believe it if people said they were real and coming for you?  Not soon enough I'm sure
  • Oh shit, I think Matt is having a snack with his parents
  • TURN OFF THAT LIGHT!
  • For once a mom on this show is doing the right thing!  Good for her (and I hate to say that because it is also the wrong thing...the reason I wouldn't survive, is that I'd have to go help that poor woman and her family)
Well...a much better episode.  There was a nice mix of character development and storyline movement this week.  I hope we see more of the Tobias storyline but I have a feeling we've lost him, at least for now.  Unfortunately the trailer ruined the principle (Obama) becoming a zombie...although its interesting we didn't see how he got hurt.  TV horror shows fall victim of almost too much time for their storylines and sometimes they end up boring the audience who want more action.  This week was a good blend.  The detox storyline is messed up as he went into detox and out of it pretty quickly...I think...I've never done it myself.  Overall a much better episode and I hope they can keep that momentum into Sundays episode!  I'll try to live blog this weeks even!  Until next time, keep your doors locked...and Fear the Walking Dead!  ABYSSINIA!

No comments: