2015/09/10

Movie Review: The Maze Runner


Good morning, afternoon or evening, whenever you're reading this wonderful amazingly written blog!  This time I'm watching The Maze Runner from 2014. Over on IMDB it has a rating of 6.8 as of 9/10.  "Thomas is deposited in a community of boys after his memory is erased, soon learning they're all trapped in a maze that will require him to join forces with fellow "runners" for a shot at escape." It stars Dylan O'Brien, Kaya Scodelario and Will Poulter.  Enough of the introduction, on to the show!
  • Can they make a movie that isn't two hours or longer anymore?  I don't know if I'm ready for a 2 hours flick
  • Puking right off the bat....not want I wanted to see to start a flick
  • Wow this kid is freaking out....should I know what is going on....awe shit...he is going to get fucked up!
  • They put him in the cage for two minute?  POINTLESS!
  • I guess this is how it feels to be a "greeny" because I'm confused as shit right now
  • Okay this is some Lords of the Fly shit going on here
  • Exile?  From a sting?  Man the Tracker Jackers in this movie are pretty hardcore!
  • The Maze is changing shape every night, why try to escape?  Why do what "they" want you to do?  
  • All in this together?  Some odd brotherhood thing?  I don't trust any group that openingly takes anyone and everyone in.
  • How long until the token fat kid dies?
  • Wait...why did he do that?  He didn't think that through did he
  • I feel like this is a Hunger Games type story that I like the concept but will hate the execution
  • Is that a robot?  A Skitter?  Both?
  • The Maze is 3D?  Interesting
  • They made that bug go splat
  • He is the One!
  • Greaver?  Not Reaver?
  • Breeding stock....what?  Why else send a girl...oh right because you've got to have a powerful girl and a love story
  • Here comes the jump scare boys and girls
  • Its a cyborg
  • This kid who saved the Doctor better wish the Doctor comes and saves them!  He may be like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever but these kids are morons
  • How old are these kids suppose to be?  They all seem to be the same age, or mostly the same
  • I'll be honest, this movie is moving along quickly, although nothing has really happened...its odd
  • Yes hide right by the torchligh
  • Pretty sturdy roof on that hut
  • I think I'd go out and fight rather than hide and die...but I say that because I don't have to make the choice.  In all reality I'm the fat kid who would end up dying right at the end, the last one to fall
  • Never break formation boys and girls, it almost always gets you or someone you care about killed
  • Why suicide instead of fighting the attackers?  Take one or two out with you
  • Oh no....
Well I didn't care for the ending but over all not a bad flick.  For two hours it went by fast.

Pros:
  • It went by fast and didn't drag.  
  • I felt like I was thrown in the deep in there at the beginning but the more I think about the more I like it.
  • For all younger actors I felt like they did a decent to really good job
  • Visually it was an excellent flick for the most part....
Cons:
  • The greaver design was bad as of now.  No reason behind it being a cyborg slug thing.  Perhaps the design will be explained at a later date as there is at least one more movie and I think two more books
  • The ending I didn't like.  I guess if you read the books you knew what was coming but it should have ended with the helicopter taking off and the one guy saying everything was going to change or what not.  You can have Ava stand up in the second movie or her show up and stun Tommy later on (if it ends up being his mom I swear I'll break something)
  • The introduction of Theresa felt pointless.  Why do it?  He doesn't remember her and she doesn't remember him.  She isn't super-powered or awesome or building a love story or anything.  I don't get the point of introducing her at this point.  Again I haven't read the books and have no clue where it is going so perhaps that will change but as of right now it makes no sense.  
  • I don't know how Gally gets to the control room.  It makes no sense.  Hopefully that is explained later on
I guess I give it a 6/10 so slightly behind the IMDB score.  I enjoyed it enough to suggest people checking it out.  I will be checking out the second flick in a few weeks when it comes out.  Next time we'll check out the Crackle Original Dead Rising Watchtower, which I just clicked through and I didn't see any zombies...I might be very disappointed in this one boys and girls!  Until then...please check out my Amazon Store for all your shopping needs and if you have a favorite flick you'd like me to watch or review let me know!  As always...Abyssinia! 

No comments: