2015/09/30

Navy Seals vs. Zombies: A Movie Review




Howdy folks!  I'm back, today with some zombie goodness.  This time I'm going to be watching Navy Seals vs. Zombies.  "A team of highly skilled Navy SEALS find themselves embarking on the battle of their lives when they come face-to-face with the undead. After a deadly outbreak occurs in New Orleans, the SEALS must fight for their lives, and the city, against an army of zombies."  It stars Stephanie Honoré, Ed Quinn, Sue-Lynn Ansari.  
  • A mix of fast and slow?  What is this a video game?
  • What are thy shooting?  There wasn’t anything there....or was there?
  • How can we get through this wooden door?  Kick it?  Pick the lock?  I know use an explosion!
  • Is that Gunner from Impact Wrestling?  Yes it is!  He is a former soldier
  • The VP is a big big man
  • Wow the Secret Service does not fuck around
  • Are they zombies or possessed by demons!  That was some matrix shit right there!
  • How are there heat signatures or is that of the living?
  • Why not land on the roof?  Why half a click away?
  • Some good actors in this flick thus far. 
  • Not the disaster I was hoping for
  • The dialog isn’t anything to write home about...see what I did there?
  • The military with a scar cliché, nice
  • Did Michael Bay direct this flick?  A lot of random command room shots
  • It is moving quickly thus far which is a good sign
  • Interesting that they still have powers, isn’t that the first thing zombies do is know that shit out
  • Why haven’t they tried contacting the Secret Service yet now that they are on the ground?
  • Why in most zombie movies are there not zombies?  Isn’t that weird?
  • Quite a few heavy seals in this flick, guess I still have a chance
  • Not a fan of super human strength zombies
  • Wait? The government hiding facts.  That is new!
  • That was the worse fake texting in the world
  • Oh no, they have a bad feeling! 
  • Wait...they just said zombies.  How do those who see this not understand what this is then?  I’m confused right now
  • More military insert shots, Michael Bay HAS to be involved.  I’ll be hearing GO GO GO soon
  • Oh shit the cough did him in....I’m doomed!
  • Watch that crossfire Gunner!
  • Where was that fucker hiding?  Sneaky damn zombies
  • GET TO THE CHOPPER!
  • The camera man is a REALLY bad actor
  • This is how the zombie virus spreads, stupid bitches
  • Sandman is down!  SANDMAN IS DOWN!!!
  • How man clicks is a mile?
  • Eight Floor?  Shouldn’t that shit be in the sub-basement?
  • This actually has been a decent flick thus far.  Nothing special but much better than expected thus far, just not a fan of the digital blood
  • Nice, double tap!
  • Have they not figured out shooting is a bad thing
  • I like the riot atmosphere at this point, exactly what I’d expect from humanity.  World is ending, lets get ours
  • The guy in charge of this mission with the scar is bringing this down a bit
  • Watch out Gunner, a blood trail is NEVER good
  • We’ve found the comedy relief of the film
  • And he just made me laugh, good job!
  • The sagging pants is a nice touch, this was a role I was born to play, minus the mutton chops of course
  • I don’t think they heard anything, I think you guys are fine AJ
  • I have found the volume a bit of an issue
  • Nice use of kids in this flick
  • That scene was pretty much pointless.  Now I’m positive Bay is involved in this flick
  • The flick has started to drag a bit here, I blame the random military control room scenes
  • Good, I’m glad that happened, he was a douche fairy
  • Nice to know there is a sense of urgency from the lab tech, good grief I’ve see the dead move faster....oh wait
  • Gunner let his accent come out a bit there
  • Oh Gunner, the hero never lives in these things!
  • You can take them Gunner!  I saw you and James Storm fight the odds
  • Well I’m not a fan of the ending
That movie was actually pretty good.  A decent storyline, decent to good acting.  Decent to good action.  Only a few things drew me out of the disbelief.  

The dialog early on was bad, I mean REALLY bad.  The scene with the SEALS gearing up was almost painful.  The pacing also was a little bad.  The scenes in the command room killed the pacing and the acting by the “Sheer” made it worse.

However that can be said about almost every flick out there.  Editing has to be difficult and they felt those scenes were important to the story and some were, however it hurt things.  

Overall much better then I anticipated.  If you can see the flick check it out, its worth the 90 minutes.  It comes out on October 6th!  Until next time...Abyssinia!


No comments: