2015/09/12

Dead Rising Watchtower: A Movie Review

I'm back boys and girls and this time I'm watching a "Crackle Exclusive" so you know it is going to be good!  Dead Rising Watchtower stars Jesse Metcalfe, Meghan Ory and Virginia Madsen.  IMDB has quite the description "A group of people fight to survive in a zombie infested town."  It has a rating of I have no idea what to expect so lets get to it!

  • Even this crackle exclusive shit is nearly two hours?  WHAT THE FUCK?!
  • Zombrex already?  That guy should have taken some I think
  • I was wrong with my spot check on this flick, there were some zombies already
  • Wait...a killer clown zombie with an axe?   This movie is throwing it all at the screen at the start
  • POV of a gun arm?  Weird
  • Oh I get it, they are playing off the video game where you use everything and anything as weapon.  A toaster and a garbage bag.  Ha ha ha
  • Rob Riggle is in the flick?  Awesome!
  • I'm not sure about these stupid POV camera shots, not a fan at all
  • "Roll'em up!"
  • I don't see one of these zombies eating brains, that's weird right?  Zombies wants brains
  • Awesome!  Riggle is Frank West!
  • A strangely strong cast for the flick
  • Yeah living in a town full of infected but not turned zombies is turning out to not be a good thing...who would have thunk it!
  • Awesome, a Frank West trophy!  Only a bunch more to find.  
  • Time to MacGyver up some weapons bitches!
  • Quarantine is a plastic tent?  Yep that'll stop a zombie
  • I wonder if Riggle based his character on Nicky Cage.  Reminds me of Cage and his "acting"
  • What a slimeball reporter
  • I don't know if I feel safe with AllState anymore!
  • I am surprisingly enjoying this flick even with its campy video game-esc shit
  • Ah yes, the horrible biker gangs
  • The sledgehammer chainsaw, awesome
  • Was that a transexual zombie?
  • Was that the guy from Dead Rising 2?  Looked like his biker jacket
  • Wow, this guy sucks, he already lost all his weapons, even I might last longer then him!
  • Awesome zombie kids, you don't see those very often as I've talked about before
  • That is awesome!  That is a first in a zombie flick I think!
  • Oh no.....really?  This flick is pretty heartless if what I think is going to happen is going to happen
  • Wow they did it, exactly what I thought.  This movie does not pull punches
  • Aside from the Chase character the acting really isn't that bad in this flick
  • Of course one lit itself on fire
  • Lots of attention seeking zombies extras in this flick
  • Okay the flick is starting to drag now, this second storyline kind of sucks
  • I still don't trust AllState guy
  • I think this sets up Dead Rising 3
  • Google it!
  • A hedgetrimmer would suck as a weapon I think
There was a scene where a guy had one of those baby carriers on his chest.  He was EATING HIS BABY!  I'm sorry but that was pretty damn cool and unique.  

Okay that was actually much better then I expected. I gave it a slightly higher rating of 6/10 because of the call backs to the game and the weird POV shots.  One or two little winks to the game would have been fine but finding a Frank West statue, the building of weapons, the trash bag and toaster?  Come on man!

As I mentioned aside from Jesse Metcalfe I really enjoyed the acting.  Oh and some of the zombie actors were a little over the top there as well.  

There were a lot of non-traditional zombie stuff like zombie kids and the eating of the baby that I liked.  

It also ran a little long.  Probably could have cut some of the biker stuff but that is just me.  I think it should have been around 100 minutes not 120.

Overall not a bad flick and if you've got time to kill and looking for a decent zombie flick check it out.  Next time I think I'll be going back to my roots of bad flicks with the 2015 Zombie Shark flick!  I'm excited strangely to see a really bad flick.  Until next time....Abyssinia!

No comments: