2015/10/07

The Scorch Trials: A review



Hello and again boys and girls.  Today I'm watching the second in the Maze Runners series, The Scorch Trials.  "After having escaped the Maze, the Gladers now face a new set of challenges on the open roads of a desolate landscape filled with unimaginable obstacles."  It stars Dylan O'Brien, Kaya Scodelario and Thomas Brodie-Sangster.  I enjoyed the first flick so lets check this out!
  • Sending the kids away to save them?  Or sacrifice them?
    • What a way to start a flick, crying children.  Why not kick a puppy while you’re at it
    • Zombies?  Vampires?  First day the new Harry Potter book went on sale?  What is going on?
    • Oh it’s him.  He is always slimy.  ALWAYS, like Bill Paxton
    • Why trust them and not WYKD?
    • Uggg, I hate needles
    • Are we sure WYKD is the bad group?  Or the only bad group?
    • Why would you want the top bunk?
    • Why would they lock them in?
    • I think those things attacking were old “maze kids” after whatever they do to them when they leave.  
    • Sneaking through the vents?  Is this when the alien attacks?  Oh wrong movie
    • Why do they make vents big enough for people to crawl through?  Major security risk
    • Or what?  What if I don’t get my ass back in the chair?
    • Perhaps the worse security guards ever!
    • Basically just like WYKD, who didn’t call/see that coming?
    • Harvest?
    • Where those spider robot things taking the kids for the right arm
    • Yep, worst security EVER!
    • Shoot them!  You’ve got at least one gun
    • Shit their non-lethal rounds, I’d being raining down hellfire on those fucks
    • They should have kept Dr. Paiges existence a secret, a big reveal
    • Lots of darkness in this flick, being afraid of the dark would be bad
    • Nice use of sound for whatever they are
    • They’re in a mall?
    • Where are they running to?
    • Is this what the flare did to people?
    • They look like the monsters from Waters of Mars
    • The bad part is that you can’t see what is happening, its too dark
    • They fell asleep after that?  I don’t think I’d sleep for a week
    • That one kid is infected with the “clicker” disease
    • They told you kids not to run 
    • They have horrible horrible luck.  Clickers, storms, being stupid
    • Serpentine boys and girls, serpentine!
    • That one kid has to be asking where the Doctor is about now.  See the British kid was on Doctor Who....never mind
    • And we’re back in the dark
    • Are they pets?  Alarm system?  Both?
    • Where did they get the flashlights?
    • Why are they trusting a group with clickers on chains?
    • I’m guessing Jorge has heads in fish tanks like the Governor
    • Oh shit it is Gus from Breaking Bad!  
    • Seal Team 6 is on the case bitches!  Or Joe Ledger
    • This flick seems very long to me, unlike the first one
    • That is a good song Jorge!
    • Again why trust this guy?  It makes no sense...but what other choice do they have?
    • Are they in the belly of a whale?
    • Can rats spread the flare?
    • So flare is like the z germ right?  Or whatever is in Last of Us?
    • The glass should hold up, it’s a sky scraper right?  Isn’t that glass like uber strong?
    • Way too many characters in this film....wait...is that Wash?
    • Rave time!  Hell’s yay!
    • I feel like I’m watching the remake of Land of the Dead
    • This scene feels very pointless
    • So now WYKD is trying to kill them?  I’m confused
    • Oh so it wasn’t them
    • I hope I’m not suppose to understand what is happening, because I’m confused
    • How long is this movie?
    • I still don’t get the mazes...should I?
    • These kids are way too trusting.  DTA, Don’t Trust Anybody 
    I am slightly disappointed in this flick.  I enjoyed the first one but this one seemed out of place.  The kids, while not brain surgeons, weren’t as stupid as they were here.  They made the same mistakes over and over again.  Trusting people they didn’t know.  I know this is the second film in the series and is kind of a place holder but it still needed to be well done.  I feel like they made a lot of mistakes logically and that worries me.
        There was a lot of hope for this series and now I don’t know.  I give it a 5/10.  Average at best.  I hope if they finish the series it will be better then this.  It has potential!
            Until next time, DTA boys and girls, DTA.

            No comments: