2015/10/03

Doctor Who: Under the Lake: A Review



Time for Episode 3 of Season 9 of Doctor Who.  This time we go Under the Lake.  Ghosts?  Water? Running?  Sounds like a lot of fun to me!  Lets go.....Under the Lake!
  • Mysterious vehicle?  Never a good thing
  • The mute girl will be important I'm sure
  • They need to be careful about reusing actors from the past and Torchwood, its weird
  • AI will kill us all!  Just like Stephen Hawking said
  • This already feels like a 42, which I loved.  BURN WITH ME!
  • If Charles Dickens shows up I am done boys and girls
  • Are Clara and the TARDIS still fighting?
  • Is Clara trying to replace Danny with danger?
  • I like Capt. Moran as an actor
  • No interested in Clara?  Are they blind...oh right....
  • Why is the Doctor wearing a wedding ring?
  • Oh the running...I missed the running
  • Oh good grief, its always about oil!
  • Faraday cage?  Interesting
  • I love this Doctor!
  • How did they miss that?  Humans, never paying attention
  • badgers?  We don't need any stinking badgers!
  • I need someone to make me cards like that.  Honestly I need a carer like Clara
  • I love how quickly this show goes by!  
  • Night mode?  That is a bad thing right?
  • The Cloister Bell is NEVER a good thing....never
  • Is the Doctor starting to see "Doctor Clara"?  
  • How cute is Jenna Coleman?  The correct answer is a lot!
  • Yeah, not Bennett sunshine
  • I wish I could read lips right now....like the deaf girl!
  • Then there were 3....
  • That isn't the correct type of chair to attack someone with!  It's gotta be a folding chair 
  • Who are you going to call?  
  • Cabin in the Woods reference?  Big fan of the writer Toby Whithouse
  • He also did The God Complex which was excellent and School Reunion
  • This also feels a little like the Impossible Planet which I also loved
  • Hey?  Hey ghosts?  That worked?
  • Are they trying to find peace?
  • The sunglasses again?  Not a fan!
  • Ah yes, the Doctor figured it out, just like me.  I CAN BE THE NEXT DOCTOR!
  • Invasion?  Distress call?
  • Clever by osmosis?  Does that work?
  • Of course the Bennett person speaks reason....and then doesn't follow reason.  
  • I often threaten to come back and haunt people....Toby must know some real Bennetts!
  • Damn dead locks!
  • I kind of want a clockwork squirrel
  • Wait?  What?!?!
  • A two parter?  FUCK YOU TOBY!!
Really?  Another two parter?  Damn it!  I hate waiting.  This is why I hate watching TV in "real time" and not binge watching.  I will say that I loved this episode and everyone in it.  This season has really restored my love for the show.  Everything about it has been great.  Go watch it boys and girls, love Doctor Who again.  No giant overreaching storylines that don't make sense (well so far).  Just good writing and great acting which we had years ago.  Enjoy boys and girls and until next time...remember....run!  

No comments: