2010/09/30

Randomness

Okay today I figure I would throw some random stuff out there, random news stories and what not.

First off I talked last week about Stephen Colbert going to capital hill and testifying, sort of in character. I say sort of in character because he was in character but I think at times his character is Steve Colbert. What he said needed to be said. Was it said in 'character'? Yes. However as I said before listen to why he is doing it and that is what is important. Hardly any person with a voice thought this was a good thing. Democrat nor republican saw the importance of this and all seemed to hate the idea. Personally I think Stephen did what he thought was right and for that he deserves to be applauded no jeered.

Speaking of jeering, did you hear about Boo-Gate? That's right...Boo-Gate. Fox News thought it was SO important to know if Sarah Palin was booed on Dancing with the Stars that they gave it a name, and a name off one of the biggest stories in American Political History. Quite frankly who gives a flying fuck if she was booed. She has been booed before and she will be again. That goes with the territory. She is a polarizing person. She is one of those people who is either liked or hated, very few people have no opinion of her. For the record, I don't give a shit about her in case you were wondering.

A New York City teacher recently wrote an essay admitting that she was once a prostitute. You can read the article here. I personally don't see an issue with this. That doesn't make her a bad person. I haven't read the essay but it doesn't matter to me why she did it. If she needed the money to eat or if she just liked to fuck and figured why not get paid for it. It is one of if not the oldest profession. As it was once said, let he who is without sin cast the first stone...or something like that.

Our military bases have been visited by aliens and they are after our nukes. As you can read here. I think this makes sense. Recently at work a co-worker of mine asked if I believed in aliens. I said yes because there has to be intelligent life out there somewhere and it sure in the hell isn't on this planet! In all seriousness the universe is vast and there has to be another planet with life on it. If these other beings were to visit our planet they are going to be looking at our defenses and our military. No for the record I don't know if we've been visited. I really am not sure. I have seen things a few times that I don't know what they were. I'm in no way saying that they were aliens.

The TV Show the Colony ended Tuesday and there were a few interesting things. First off the military dude Tick lead the colonist on a raid. Yes after all their bitching and moaning they went and raided another colony. Now I'm all for it especially if this was a true situation. If this was really a situation of life or death I'll do what I can to protect myself and those with me. After their bitching and moaning about being raided they then did the same thing. I liked it I really did. Also Sian, the one I really didn't like the whole time, jumped at the chance to leave the Colony when VOPA (a fake government agency) showed up. This group had left them here with nothing and then made a food drop 50 feet in the air and ruined most of the supplies. Now its a hard choice but I wouldn't have got in those SVU's. No way no how. I also liked that the Colony started to fall apart after VOPA showed up. The Old Man and the Model went at it verbally and Jim completely lost his mind for a while. It...was AWESOME! Then came the entire other colony. They blew up their old house as they were attacking. This year's show seemed more real then last years but as I said before, they need more 'normal' people. It reminds me of when you are playing D&D and you end up with a warrior, a cleric, a thief and a wizard. One of each class available. This year they did throw in the model but they still had the mechanic and contractors and what not. I want to be on the next season however.

Several of the best TV shows out there have returned. Chuck and Dexter are both back on the air. Both are excellent shows that people should check out if you aren't watching. Chuck has been ok so far. I miss Big Mike however and I hope to see him return in the future. Dexter, well it'll be interesting to see where it goes from here.

Okay back to the Colony for a second...BEST ENDING EVER! That's all I am going to say....BEST...ENDING...EVER!!!

So Congress takes a month off to campaign. Really? Can I get a month off before my review (election) to try and convince my boss to give me a raise (keep me in office)? You know what? If you did the right thing you have nothing to worry about. If you are a screw up (notice no f-bomb there) then your gone. A month to campaign is bullshit.

Okay enough random bullshit. I'm tired for some reason. anyway until next time remember:



Listen to the song and it's how I feel about most people. Poisoned birthday cake...I'm digging that the most!

No comments: