2010/09/03

Dragon Factory by Jonathan Maberry review


This wasn't quite as good as Patient Zero....but it was a different book entirely. I know you're thinking well duh. I mean it wasn't a military action horror zombie book like Patient Zero. This one had more character development. This one has more of a story. I like Patient Zero better however. I won't ruin anything but I am not extremely happy with the direction of the book from a character standpoint. If you read Patient Zero then read this. You can actually read this without Patient Zero as they are separate stories and only the characters continue. Similar to like Tom Clancy and Jack Ryan. This story continues after Patient Zero and the DMS and Mr. Church continue to protect us from threats. This one involves genetic abominations and the extinction of billions of people. The question is can Capt. Joe Ledger and Grace save the world one more time? I enjoyed it and while it started off slow it picked up in the last 100 pages or so. This can be found here at Barnes and Noble. If you like a lot of military action, some fantasy aspects and decent writing you'll enjoy this. Read Patient Zero first and if you enjoy it read it. I gave this 3.5 out of 5. Slightly above average.

Not to be a shill for the company but this was the first book I read mostly as an ebook on the nook software. I like it. Slight eye strain but not much more than reading in general. I am really thinking about a nook now. If you haven't checked them out and do much reading you should. You should also come to Twin Falls Idaho and buy one but maybe that is too much to ask ;) However support your local BN or bookstore.

Not sure what is next. Its almost time for the yearly reading of IT but I might skip it again this year. I have the Passage by by Justin Cronin to read. I also have Ancestor by Scott Sigler as well which is the third of series. There is also Law of Nines by Terry Goodkind. Hard to decide what is next. I am however going on 24 hours awake so I think that decision will be made at another time. Until next time...

“So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their ending.” - J.R.R Tolkien

No comments: