2010/09/22

Is the American Dream Dead

Recently President Obama held a town hall meeting and was asked by a recent law school graduate "is the American Dream dead for me?" after mentioning he took advantage of the school loans Obama spoke about. He mentioned that he can't pay the interest on the loans let alone try to start a family.

Now I feel this mans pain, I can't make my loan payments. I don't blame President Obama for my problems, I took out the loans and now I'm looking at what I can do about it and it isn't much but that isn't the point of this. The point is people voted for President Obama because he preached change. Where is the change? I saw this on Jon Stewart and here is what he said "I don't know who is to blame here, you for making this shit look so good or us for believing it."

Jon said it perfectly. I blame us, the American people.

No comments: