2010/09/17

Household Name (ranting about wrestling so more of you will ignore it)

As you all know I'm a wrestling fan. I actually pay for the pwinsiderelite website, which is AWESOME if you're a wrestling fan, and I'm currently listening to an audio with the former wrestler Nova.

Now some of you are casual fans, mostly because you're friends of mine, and honestly a lot of actual fans probably don't know Nova or Simon Dean in WWE. He is talking about how WWE tells their wrestlers that they are major TV stars yet no one knows them using the failure of John Cena's latest movie. He then talks about how 'over' or popular the people from Jersey Shore are.

This is a STUPID analogy. The Jersey Shore people not only on their TV show but they are ALL over the place. They are weekly on those stupid weekly gossip magazine like US and OK!. When was the last time you saw Randy Orton or CM Punk on anything?

CM who most of you are asking I'm sure. CM Punk is probably one of the best wrestlers in the company and an amazing promo. Hell John Cena is the guy they are pushing and he isn't on anything.

I never liked Nova's work. I thought he was overrated because of his ECW ties and to be honest he comes off kinda bitter. I agree with some of the things he is saying but comparing Jersey Shore with WWE aside from the fact that both are scripted (I assume as I've never seen Jersey Shore and I don't know anyone other then Snukims or Sooki or Snooki or whatever her name is).

I am writing about this because it kinda pissed me off. If WWE was treated like Jersey Shore I think more people would know guys like John Cena and CM Punk. Instead it is looked down upon once again. 10 years ago football players were giving the nWo sign on the sidelines. Guys were scoring touchdowns and giving the Diamond Cutter sign. Everyone wanted a piece of WWF/WCW back when they were pulling 6's and 7's in the ratings but times have changed.

No comments: