2010/09/10

What happened to the America of old?

I found this while getting caught up on the news. Forced recycling? Really?

Wait...I've got it. Here is an AMAZING plan. Instead of forcing people to recycle, we use a population that is growing all the time. Prisoners. All the trash in the country goes to the local prisons, where prisoners sort it.

Oh wait, even better. We set up recycling centers in every town in the country. We then hire people who are out of work to sort the trash. Brilliant! This would be amazing to fix the economy. Why don't I work for the President?

Okay let me be serious for a moment. This is bullshit. I constantly see the freedoms in this country eroding. Forced recycling. I know some areas that are forcing stores to get rid of plastic bags for more expensive paper bags. Don't get me started on the lack of smokers rights.

I know that some see this as a good thing. However what about America? I am not anti-recycling persa. I am however anti-forced anything like this. This is a choice that I can make or not make. I don't look down on people who recycle, hell they are probably better people then me. I don't recycle. Why? Lots of reasons but that isn't the point of this. The point is I shouldn't be forced to.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm just in the wrong era. I mentioned recently where is the change that I heard about a few years ago. Well maybe I am looking at it...and it scares me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When the government forces you to do things isn't that called being a communist? What happened to freedom of choice which what we are suppose to be.

Geno said...

I wouldn't go that far, I am not trying to start conspiracies here or anything but yes to a certain extent. My question is why isn't Fox News report stuff like this? Instead it is just Obamacare this and Obamacare that.