2015/07/31

Scream TV Show Episode 2 thoughts

I wrote this brief review of the Scream TV show.  There are a few major flaws in this show:


  • They say that you should care about the characters so when they are killed you "feel it" as it were
    • WRONG!  People don't got to slasher flicks for the characters, they go to see the horrible teens...yes they are mostly horrible...get hacked to bits
  • The reason a slasher flick doesn't work on a TV show is that they are going to build a kill a week (most likely) but that just doesn't work
  • They are trying to make it like Scream but you can't.  It will end up being more of a who done it type TV show
  • The fact that they are going with the same character types from the movie is also a major flaw. You can't go home again, even the movies learned that
  • They had the chance to make it an updated version of the movies.  
    • Wait...this new podcast character is basically the Gale from the movie...good grief, where is the dumb deputy to finish this
  • Wow, daddy issues from one of the guys you're suppose to believe is the killer.  Right out of the movie.  
  • The problem with a slasher TV show IS that you start to feel for the characters and you don't want them to die.  
    • Also when you find out just who the murder is you'll most likely be disappointed/angry. They will have to continually point toward other characters, even more so then in a 90 minute movie.  
  • Plus most of the character do not fit in a 600 minute context without you wanting them ALL dead.  
    • Take the "Randy" characters.  In the movies I loved Randy.  I related to him and his plight with Sidney.  His obsession with movies and what not.  I UNDERSTOOD him. Now look at Noah character from the TV show.  I want to slap him.  He starts off like Randy but by episode 2 he is getting it on with a chick who he seemingly never noticed before and standing up to his bully?  How does a nerdy geeky kid relate to that?  He should be the one we relate to.  Not Emma.  
Overall after episode 2 I see so many flaws in this show but it is like a trainwreck that I can't look away from.  The characters are horrible ripoffs and parodies of well written ones, the plot horrible, the acting okay at best.  I should stop but I want to continue watching because I want to see it get better.  I want this to be good.  It is a sickness that I have!  But much like most things, I don't see the odds much in their favor.  Until next time, this is the bearded Fat Man saying....Abyssinia!!

No comments: