2015/07/11

Batman vs. Robin...a movie review


I decided to check out Batman vs. Robin from a few months ago.  Here are my thoughts as I watched: 
  • Blah, horrible "animation" to start off with the batmobile
  • Jason O'Mara is not Batman!
  • This is a creepy version of the Doll Maker...well his victims anyway!
  • I like that DC has made the films slightly darker then they used to be
  • Wait...IMDB tells me that the Doll Maker was Weird Al?!?!  Doesn't sound anything like him
  • I miss the Animated cast from the 1990's
  • Not a fan of Stuart Allan and his version of Damian Wayne
  • I wonder if they made Nightwing look greasy on purpose
  • Wait...that is Batman!  I hear Batman...why is Kevin Conroy cast in this movie but not as Batman?  WHY?!  WHO WOULD DO SUCH A THING?!  THEY SHOULD BE DESTROYED
    • Yes I know I sound like a fan boy with that comment but why cast him in the film, just to give the fans a slap?
  • Batman is not nearly as tough as I remember him
  • Now horribly computer "animated" cars.  Boo!  They just look out of place with everything else looking good
  • Batman is nothing like I remember in this "New 52" Universe.  To quote the Doctor "I don't like it"
  • Also Batman falls for a lot of traps which is very strange, the Batman I remember only did that on purpose
  • Sometimes the bad guys do stuff that makes no sense.  This film has quite a few of those moments
  • The bad guys run like the Ninja Turtles on their "new" show, which weirds me out both here and on their show
  • Batman has Hulkbuster armor?
  • Seriously this is the worst version of Batman ever!
  • Pretty sure if Joker fought this Batman Gotham would all have giant smiles on their faces
Okay first off the voice acting, much like most of the new DC Universe...well it sucks.  They just don't fit the characters at all!  Nightwing isn't horrible but the rest....blah!  The storyline I believe is from the New 52 and I believe loosely follows the comics storyline.  The storyline itself isn't bad, kind of interesting, and would have been great back in the Animated Series but here it felt rushed.  As I mentioned about to have Kevin Conroy do a voice and have it not be Batman is just dumb.  Don't use him or use him correctly.  My biggest problem is what Talon does.  I don't want to do any kind of spoilers but his actions do not fit his character at all.  It was the actions of someone less calculating and cerebral. Over on IMDB I gave it a 6/10 due to some bad animation and the voice acting.  I would have done a 5.5 but you can't.  It is average at best.  I miss the good ol' days of the Animated Series and Justice League.  Until next time...abyssinia!

No comments: