2015/07/03

Arkham Knight Review

If you follow me on the Facebooks you know I've been playing Arkham Knight for the last week. The third in the Batman series of games.  Here are my thoughts on the game:

Pros

  • The voice acting is once again stellar.  Kevin Conroy is the voice of Batman, always has been and always will be, well since 1992!  
  • The graphics of the game are off the chart.  I haven't played a lot of games on the next gen consoles that are only for them but this one...wow!  I'd swear (and maybe they are) some of the videos in the game are just that, video
  • The game play itself hasn't changed since the first of the series...and that is a good thing.  You can button mash the hell out of the game if you'd like and survive (well 98%...I'll get to the other 2% later) or if you want to be more technical and sneaky and what not you can do that too.
  • The storyline will show up in both areas.  I won't spoil anything but some of it is amazing (Love the Dynamic Duo) 
  • The addition of the Batmobile, from a storyline and a fan perspective was great.  The rest...well see the cons below
Cons
  • The Batmobile makes the game miserable at times.  It has some of the worst steering I've ever seen in a video game!  
  • The storyline is kind of predictable unfortunately.  For the most part the storyline goes exactly where you'd expect with very few surprises (although there is one surprise that I was very happy about)
  • The return of the Riddler Trophies.  They don't annoy me as much as they are extremely time consuming to get and honestly some of them I don't know how people found them?  Thank goodness for the interwebs and my cheating!

Honestly the Batmobile and the "racing" missions drove me insane!  So many time I nearly threw my control in frustration!  Worth the money however!

No comments: