2015/07/28

Random Stuff

I haven't done a "real" blog post for a while so I thought I would today.  So here we go:

  • Last week Hulk Hogan & Colin Cowherd both got fired for racially insensitive comments. Below is what the Hulkster said.  You can read the report at the best pro wrestling website Pwinsider:  
    • She is making some real bad decisions now.  My daughter Brooke jumped sides on me. I spent $2-3 million on her music career, I’ve done everything like a jackass for her.  The one option Brooke had, Brooke’s career besides me, is [to] sell beach records."” They claim Hogan was mad because a "black billionaire guy" had offered to fund her music career.  They then quoted Hogan as saying, “I don’t know if Brooke was f*****g the black guy’s son.  I mean, I don’t have double standards. I mean, I am a racist, to a point, f*****g n*****s. But then when it comes to nice people and s***, and whatever."” They claim he later said, "I mean, I’d rather if she was going to f*** some n*****, I’d rather have her marry an 8-foot-tall n***** worth a hundred million dollars! Like a basketball player!  I guess we’re all a little racist. F*****g n*****.”
      • Where did he say this stuff?  On twitter?  A Youtube channel?  Nope.  In a illegally taped sex tape.  That is right, Hogan was taped without his knowledge, that tape was released to GAWKER.  Hogan sued them and now this portion of the tape shows up in the media.  Interesting.  Now that isn't to say I condone what Hogan said, but the way these things came to light make me uncomfortable as well.  Unfortunately I don't see Hogan kicking out of this and the red and yellow is probably gone for good
    • Colin Cowherd said this Thursday:  You don’t think a general manager can manage? Like it’s impossible? The game is too complex? I’ve never bought into that, ‘Baseball’s just too complex.’ Really? A third of the sport is from the Dominican Republic.’
      • Perhaps people read too much into this statement.  "I did not intend to offend anyone with my comments," Cowherd said in a statement. "I realize my choice of words was poor and not reflective of who I am. I am sorry."  I however don't think he should have been fired.  I think his firing has more to do with the fact that he is leaving ESPN.  He has said stupid stuff like this in the past.
  • We had several shootings last week.  Fuck what is it with Americans and our guns?  Good thing we don't have stricter gun laws or someone might have problems getting guns.  
    • Yeah I know criminals won't follow the law but look at these people.  I doubt they would know where to go get illegal guns
  • Recently it was reported that Twitter will take down jokes for DMCA 
    • Yeah apparently jokes copyrighted
    • Who is to say that you're the first to tell that joke.  And I have a friend who better watch himself, that jackass has been stealing my jokes for years!  Yeah you know who you are MPM!
      • Yeah, I might sue now, people always thinking I was stealing his shit!  Probably what lead me down the path of stealing music and shit from the internet.  I blame him for getting sued by Metallica.  
      • Think I might throw some mental anguish and what not into it as well.
  • While at the liquor store today, what I was out of rum on a Monday and I was not going to attempt Monday Night Raw sober, they didn't have the big half gallon bottle of Sailor Jerry's but said they would have more in tomorrow.  I bought a pint...it should get me through the show (that is a joke, I stopped by while I was out getting gas).  I joked that is their way of getting repeat business.  They then threw in a free flask.  I think I have a new liquor store...for enabling me (of course that is REALLY a way to get repeat business!)
  • The Boys Scouts of America have ended their ban on Gay Troop Leaders.  No joke here just a good thing finally happening
  • The American Mens National Team lost recently in the Gold Cup Tournament.  Yeah I didn't hear about it the next day because everyone was too excited about Sharknado 3!  Yep, soccer is the most popular sport everywhere but here in the US of A.  Here Sharknado 3 and Deflategate is much more important that "football"
  • I have Spongebob playing in the background while typing this up, how do people NOT find this show funny?
  • Hulk Hogan and Colin Cowherd lose their jobs but Donald Trump actually gains grounds in the polls after saying racist stuff.  USA! USA! USA!
There, some random thoughts throughout today (7/28).  Until next time, remember, may the odds be ever in your favor...and Abyssinia!

No comments: