2015/07/25

Brief first impressions of the Scream TV Series

I am watching the first episode of the new MTV series "Scream".  I am a big a fan of the movies, especially 1 & 2.  This however...is a long LONG way from the movies.


  • First off the writing on this is HORRIBLE (it is only the first episode).  If teens actually talk like this I honestly think we need to skip this generation!  
  • It is like they took the movies, dumbed it down for a different generation and made this show
  • Aside from Aubrey and Emma, the acting is awful!
  • Good grief, the show is so meta that it makes me hurt
  • Honestly the writing is awful
  • Is this I Know What You Did Last Summer?
  • The fake Randy is horrible in this.  Jamie Kennedy was perfect in the movies, this kid has a creep factor of 11 out of 10!
Not impressed at all with this first episode.  I'll give it a few more but honestly Wes Craven allowed this is beyond me.  Perhaps he couldn't do anything but hopefully he tried.  If I saw this before the movies I'd avoid the movies like I do the sun!  How the hell does this show have a 7.5/10 on IMDB?  I'd give it a 3/10 thus far.  

No comments: