2015/07/13

American Justice...a movie reivew


American Justice is a film from 2015 staring John Schneider, Tommy 'Tiny' Lister and James Russo. Not a bad flick but nothing fantastic either.  Obviously direct to DVD!  My thoughts as I watched the flick:
  • Its hard to buy Zeus/Tiny Lester as a cop as he is almost always a bad guy...and the President once
  • Wow that criminal kidnapped Mimi from the Drew Carey show....nope...I think that is actually her makeup!
  • Tiny's character is named Justice....really?  Wow
  • YOU JUST GOT KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT...shit...wrong movie
  • Wow Zeus and Johnny Morrison in the same flick
  • Huh...cops wearing jeans and sexual harassment...although Vida Guerra does have a decent ass
  •  Damn Bo Duke is a bad ass!  Too bad he can't drive his raciest car anymore
  • Wait...crooked cops?  In a small town?  NEVER!
  • No way...a wrestler in a movie is going to fight...never saw that coming
  • I am 24 minutes in and I have heard more Mexican racial slurs then I think an entire season of The Shield...maybe
  • Why are movies suddenly doing the blood splatter on the screen thing?
  • Green screens are cool.  Not in this movie but they are cool
  • Tiny is so bad ass in this film that windows break before he jumps through them!  BAD ASS!
  • The cops killed my husband, are blackmailing an outside cop...I think I'll call the major, he can't be involved!
  • John Schneider is actually enjoyable in this film.  Aside from the one cop the acting hasn't been too bad in this film.  The script is bad...but the actors are doing the best they can with the what they're given
  • Malcolm Danare is a little over the top in this film
  • Wow Justice is serving some justice in this flick!  
  • Okay that ending was bad.  I was enjoying it till then.  
  • "Awesome" a "music" video during the credits
Overall I enjoyed the movie.  It wasn't anything fantastic or anything like that and it isn't something I'd watch again I don't think but I've watched a LOT worse.  83 minutes and mostly action. Reminded me of old 80's action films with little plot and mostly bad dialog and explosions but with less star power.  Sorry to say that Tiny and John!  Lets be honest Tiny is best known recently for his brief appearance in The Dark Knight or Fifth Element and John will always be Bo Duke and recently for the General Lee/Confederate Flag debate so it wasn't driven by stars!  But enjoyable.  The killing scenes were effectively done without going over the top.  The low budget showed through on wardrobe, the police uniforms were awful and I'm glad they talked about Morrison and his long hair as a cop!  The ending was bad all around for several reasons including the fact that there is a major plot point left unresolved which isn't good because I doubt we see a second one!  Overall if you've got nothing going on and are looking for an okay to decent action movie this isn't a horrible choice and I'm sure you'll be able to get it cheap soon.  You can actually watch it over on Amazon Prime Streaming now or pick it up here (its my Amazon store where I get a little back for any purchase so feel free to pick it up)!  There you go.  Until next time, abyssinia!! 

No comments: