2016/05/29

The Darkness: A Movie Review



Good morning, good afternoon or good evening, whenever you're checking this out.  Today I'm checking out the flick The Darkness.  It stars Kevin Bacon, Radha Mitchell and David Mazouz.  "A family returns from a Grand Canyon vacation, haunted by an ancient supernatural entity they unknowingly awakened and engages them in a fight for their survival."  As of 5/29 over on IMDB it has a 4.0.  Lets go find out all about...the Darkness!
  • End of the World from Indian spirits?  Nice
  • Bruce Wayne has a habit of falling into holes
  • Petoskey stones?
  • Is Mikey Autistic?
  • Hope Mikey didn't crawl into a gorilla pen!
  • Jenny is awful loud in them there walls, Forest needs to keep her quiet (yes a Forest Gump joke, shut up they can't all be home runs)
  • Why are there always creepydolls
  • Hand prints are also creepy
  • Him?  He is your brother sunshine
  • What is with the hand prints?
  • Kevin Bacon is starting to look old!
  • Animals always know
  • How does this flick only have a 4 over on IMDB, it is pretty good thus far
  • Five stones....like Captain Planet?
  • Lots of movement in the background in this flick.  Probably missing things while writing things
  • Get out the sage, I feel a house cleansing coming on
  • Did he go through the "portal"/burned area?
  • The Blue Star?  Its close now?  What is he talking about Kevin?
  • What are you doing?  Going to investigate on your own?
  • Wait was that a dream?
  • Well that blood was really gross!
  • Damn that dog with to town
  • Where is the buffalo?
  • It is weird to see Paul Reiser in this type of flick
  • Oh well, probably shouldn't have removed those stones sunshine, way to go Batman
  • I don't think I'd have headphones on if this stuff was going on in my house
  • Yeah a Tennis Rack, who are you Jim Cornette?
  • I think the correct word at this point is....run
  • The hands showing up on daughter was really cool
  • This flick has a really interesting cast
  • Why would you take Michael back into the house?!
  • Of course a storm
  • All five?  We've seen all but the Buffalo
  • Wait...I think the Buffalo might be here
  • That was easier then I thought...or not
  • Sacrificing oneself for his child
That wasn't bad at all for a flick I never heard of!  I give it a 6/10.  

Nothing ground breaking here but a very good cast who all did a pretty good job.  The daughter, played by Lucy Fry, was probably the weak point of the flick from an acting standpoint.  The story wasn't anything new and the ending was slightly predictable as the flick went along.

I want to say I really liked the performance by Bruce Wayne...I mean David Mazouz.  He was very very good in the flick.

I thought the effects were cool especially the hands showing up near the end of the flick and the storms in the house as well.  

Overall there isn't a lot to say about this flick.  Average suspense horror flick and slightly above acting that helped the flick.  If you're bored I'd catch it at a second run theater, Red Box, Netflix or the like.  I wouldn't pay theater prices for this however!

No comments: