2016/05/11

Bottom 100 Review: Titanic: The Legend Goes On...

As always good morning, good afternoon, good evening...whenever it is you decided to read this!  I am back and this time I journey back down the rabbit of the IMDB Bottom 100.  This time I am watching Titanic: The Legend Goes On...  It stars Lisa Russo, Mark Thompson-Ashworth, Gisella Mathews.  "A Cinderella meets her Prince Charming on the ill-fated Titanic. Along for the ride are a rapping dog, other talking animals, and an assortment of wacky humans."  I don't know how this can be bad!  Grab your Celine Dion CD's and let's journey back to "Largest and finest steamers in the world."
  • Wait...is this a foreign flick?
  • Weird yet not bad animation.  The wicked stepmother looks like the book bad guy from the Care Bears Movie
Sad when 1985 animation was better than 2000
  • I take it back about the animation...good thing I have some rum
  • What is in that bag?  Pocket Rocks (Yes that was an American Dad reference most likely no one got)
  • This animation is like old He-Man cartoons, half the time the characters aren't moving it just panning a picture
  • Speedy Gonzales?
  • Ah the cliche step sisters
  • How do you have bad framing in an animated flick?
  • Why does the kid mouse have a different accent than his parents?
  • WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED?  The dogs voice completely changed when he raps!  
  • What the hell is going on in this flick?  Is there a coherent storyline?  
  • I think this is a foreign flick the way the voices don't match the animation
  • A reference to 101 Dalmatians?
  • I still have no idea what the plot is in this flick
  • I don't know what to say about this flick.  I've been watching and its like a trainwreck that you can't look away from
  • I still don't know what is going on.  This flick can't figure out if it is an animal story, Cinderella or a mystery flick
  • Everything else is in English and this song is randomly in Spanish...what a weird damn flick
  • Spoiler alert...there is an iceberg in this flick
  • Now it is a disaster flick?  I know it is pretty obvious considering the title but still
  • They just repeated the same line several times....I'm so confused by this entire thing
  • What?  That is twice the same line was repeated.  How do you edit an animated flick poorly?
What was that?  I have no idea what I just watched.  It had no coherent plot.  I give it a 1/10.  This did nothing well and several things badly.

The voice acting was poor.  I couldn't understand what the child mouse said half the time.  Some of the performances were over the top and the others were extremely flat.  It had so many storylines that I have no idea what happened.  A ward found her mother and future husband.  A cop caught some thieves.  I don't know what the point was of the animals or the random lady fleecing guys meeting the broke banker!  Then you had the singer and the dalmatians which seemed out of place.  Throw in the sailor who was nice at one point but others was a jerk and I have no idea what happened.  The animation was horrible 98% of the time with overly cartoony looks mixed in with horrible CG of the boat itself.

It is rare that a flick does everything this poorly but this flick does.  


No comments: