2016/05/15

Movie Review: Batman Bad Blood


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening....whenever it is you're reading this.  Thank you for checking out yet another movie review by the Fat Man.  Today, 5/13/16, I'm checking out Batman Bad Blood.  Another animated DC Universe flick.  "Bruce Wayne is missing. Alfred covers for him while Nightwing and Robin patrol Gotham City in his stead. And a new player, Batwoman, investigates Batman's disappearance."  It stars Jason O'Mara, Yvonne Strahovski, Stuart Allan.  Lets check out...Bad Blood!
  • Well these guys are look interesting
Rejects from a costume party?  Bad Cosplayers?
  • Who is this?  Batgirl?  Batwoman?  Batlady?
  • Firefly?  Yep
  • A bad Batman?

  • Robin the Monk Wonder
  • Nightwing basically sexting while fighting...weird
  • How did they miss?  How do they always miss?
  • Well...that had to hurt
  • Lots of destruction....Robin sure knows how to party
  • This Batmobile design is weird
  • Ah Batwoman is the name, never guessed that.  I like Batlady better
  • How great is Ernie Hudsons voice?  
  • So Mad Hatter knows Bruce Wayne is Batman?  Weird
  • Why even have secret identities?
  • They have Alfred very strange these days
  • They make this Batman not only brooding but an asshole which I'm not a huge fan of
  • Did Alfred....oh nope it is bad Batman....who knows where the Batcave is
  • Damian lets his emotions control him too much
  • Wait...so does Batwoman know who Batman is now
  • Well she does now!
  • Wait...is Fox's kid becoming Iron Man?  Sure looks that way to me
  • Did he tell his kid where it was?  What it was?
  • Are those nuns wearing masks?
  • And like that the bad bat is no more, anti-climatic
  • Oh good grief!
  • How do they always miss?
  • Batwing?  Is that name already taken?
  • How did Batwoman get her suit?
  • Nice Indiana Jones rip off
  • This Bat-Team kills a lot of people I've noticed
  • That'll give her daddy issues
  • They look like the Doctor Who Cybermen earpieces
  • I've never shot a gun and pretty sure I could hit something before these people do!
  • Is Alfred going to fight?
  • Why does the Mad Hatter look like a Leprechaun?
  • GOOD GOD ALFRED!
  • Who needs the Justice League, Gotham as the Bat Swarm at this point now they're throwing in Batgirl!
Well that was different.  The extreme violence is a bit of a turn off as it is not what DC is usually about.  I give it a 6/10.  Not horrible but I didn't like it as much as the last Justice League flick.

I don't like the direction they've taken Batman at all.  He is now just a jerk about things and I never felt that was in Bruce.  Gruff, short, brutally honest but not a jerk.  I realize it is a different version of Bats but as I've said before I struggle when they drastically change the character without a real reason for the characteristics to change so drastically.

From a visual stand point this was on par with the newest versions.  They aren't horrible but there are things I don't like about it but I've covered that before.

I guess I continue to say the voice acting is what bothers me the most.  If you don't want Kevin doing Batman's voice fine but this version just doesn't work for me.  It is just....off to me.

Overall if you like the DC Universe and you've followed the others in the series this isn't bad.  I wouldn't go out of your way to watch it otherwise.  Not bad but not good either.  Just there.  


No comments: