2016/05/10

Justice League: Throne of Atlantis: A Review


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening...whenever it is you happen to be reading this.  Time for another movie review but this time it isn't part of the Bottom 100 as my last few.  This time I'll be checking out Justice League: Throne of Atlantis starring Sean Astin, Rosario Dawson and Nathan Fillion.  "When Atlantian troops assault Metropolis as revenge for the death of their king, the Queen seeks help from the Justice League to find her son who has gone missing during the madness."  This is the third movie of the reboot of the Animated Justice League.  As of 5/10/16 over on IMDB this has a rating of 6.6.  Lets jump in shall we.
  • While I don't like ALL the animation some of it is REALLY good
  • Its weird to have the 2001 Justice League Superman in the flick but not as Superman.  Its the voice I think of as Superman and had to do a double take when I heard it
  • I don't like Superman and Wonder Woman being an item
Just seems unnatural for him not to be kissing Lois
  • Interesting, he isn't king of Atlantis at this point
  • All this over a lobster?  The people in Metropolis really like their seafood
  • One of the things I don't like about this most recent reboot is some of the voice acting. Aquaman for example just seems flat and phoned in
  • Why is a trench coat always the perfect disguise for people?  the Turtles and others
  • However I will say that Fillion is perfect for Green Lantern
  • Good grief, they have Wonder Woman now wearing glasses to hide 
  • I do not like the Superman model in this flick
The cape is just weird here
  • I also don't like the Batman voice actor or his design
  • Okay while I don't like Batman or Supermans voice actor Sean Astin and Fillion are great
  • I do like that these flicks are more adult orientated than the 2001 series but they are missing some of the magic that the series had
  • Where did he get the sub?
  • This flick isn't bad...but it is kind of boring honestly
  • Cthulhu?
  • YES AQUAMAN POWERS GO!
  • I kind of like the Atlantis armor, reminds me of some of the Mass Effect armor
  • John Henry....nice
  • Well that was just stupid looking, a walking Green Lantern maid with a vacuum?  Where have I seen something like that before?
Just paint it Green
  • Damn...we're going to need a bigger boat Manta
Lifeless doll eyes
  • I like this Orm character, however a little overpowered
Needs a better costume however
  • Nice call back, I like that Batman is the one thinking...as always
  • Why would they follow someone they don't know?  Because he is in that kinda cool orange outfit?
  • I don't like that he joins Justice League so openingly
  • King of the Sea stuff?  
Well that was something.  I think the 6.6 rating was about right.  Slightly above average.  I give it a 6/10.

It was one of those flicks that doesn't do anything good but it doesn't do anything bad either.  The storyline is different and I'm sure taken from a comic series.  A different take on the Aquaman origin storyline.  

The animation/art is what it is.  I like it most of the time but I don't like over exaggerated muscles of the male heroes.  I also think the character designs are a little off.  The capes sit weird, the jaws are a little off, everything is just slightly off for me.

The voice acting is there.  I know I mentioned it before it isn't that it is bad it is just hard not to compare it to the 2001 Justice League which I think had the voices just perfect.  However I'm sure that is me looking back through rose colored glasses since I'm a huge fan of the series.

It is what it is.  If you like the DC universe check this out sometime.  Its worth the 80 minutes or so...what is this?  An after credits scene...with Luthor?  NICE!

There you go, a little different review today then lately.  I'll continue with my Bottom 100 reviews in the near future.  I also think I'll start watching the top 250 randomly as well to give a balance.  As always if you want me to watch a flick just let me know and I'll do it.  Until next time, remember, never mess with a lobster!


No comments: