2016/05/16

Bottom 100: From Justin to Kelly


Good morning, good afternoon or good evening...whenever it is you're reading this.  I am back with another Bottom 100 flick.  This time I'm checking out From Justin to Kelly.  It stars Kelly Clarkson, Justin Guarini and Katherine Bailess.  "A waitress from Texas and a college student from Pennsylvania meet during spring break in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and come together through their shared love of singing."  As of 5/12/16 it has a 2.1 over on IMDB.  I am off to check this out, may God have mercy on my soul...
  • I know who Kelly Clarkson is but no clue who Justin is.  I assume another American Idol person
  • She is so young looking...wow
  • Ugg, the pop music is already killing me
  • What is with Justin's hair?  

  • I don't know if I can make it through this flick.  Good god it is killing me already
  • This is enough to turn me off musicals for ever
  • Wait the nerdy guy dances too?  
  • For not wanting to go Kelly sure did jump into "Spring Break" mode really quickly
  • Good grief I think they are all have seizures...oh wait...I guess that is considered dancing
  • They are suddenly rapping?  KILL ME!
  • What did she give him a ticket for?
  • I don't even want to find more pictures today
  • Wait....Kelly is now worried about objectifying women after she was bumping and grinding between someone random guys legs?  
  • Kelly is flip flopping back and forth more than a politician
  • If this is what Spring Break is really like I'm glad I never went, it'd honestly kill me
  • The writer wrote this AND Spice World...that actually explains a lot
  • Who is that random chick kissing Justin?  
  • She isn't upset that he barged into the Women's room?
  • Kelly for short?
  • So the key to getting girls is barging into the ladies room.  Good to know
  • I think I might put knives into my eyes and ears to end this punishment
  • There are random beds out in the middle of nowhere?
  • He is the mayor of Spring Break?  Really?
  • She suddenly knows how to do this dance?  Wasn't she complaining moments ago?
  • Yes I know musicals defy logic in the above sense but not if they do what they're doing
  • Was the scene so bad they cut it short
  • Everyone on the beach and he picks the nerdiest guy around to play volleyball
  • It has only been 30 minutes?  Honestly?  KILL ME!
  • How did she get back into the kitchen to begin with?
  • And the Mayor of Spring Break is staying in that shitty hotel?  Really?
  • Good god more rapping
  • Going with the sunburn gimmick, really
  • Yep, how does he not feel that sunburn.  This is awful
  • I'm going to wish upon a star that I can go back in time and stop myself from watching this!
  • And let me guess, she waited at the beach all day and night...of course she did
  • Should Kaya be upset she cost that other guy his job not off partying 
  • WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?  Hold a girl up side down and have her head shaking her head between your legs....so confused
  • hovercraft race?  REALLY?  KILL ME
  • Those are bean bags?
  • How is he bleeding through his helmet
  • This is just so poorly written
This flick hurt me quite a bit.  I give it a 1/10.  I don't hate the storyline as it has been done 100 times before and it will be done again in the future.  It is how it was executed that I hate.

It was so poorly written with such one dimensional characters.  None of them had any kind of character to them with the exception of MAYBE Justin but I'm being pretty nice saying he wasn't. You could see everything coming long before it happened.  That isn't a bad thing but when it is acting poorly, written poorly and just bad I have a problem with that.

I will say, even though I can't stand that kind of music, the singing was done well and I guess the dancing was good if you like that weird herky jerky type seizure dancing.  

However I can't say anything else good about this flick.  DO NOT WATCH THIS!  It is no wonder it is the fastest theater to home release ever with 29 days in between.  Do not watch this boys and girls, you've been warned

No comments: