2016/05/12

Movie Review: Justice League vs. Teen Titans


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening, whenever it is you're reading this!  I am back this time to review another DC Animated flick, Justice League vs. Teen Titans!  It stars Rosario Dawson, Christopher Gorham, Shemar Moore.  It has a 7 over on IMDB on 5/10/16 (When I'm writing this up) "Robin is sent to work with the Teen Titans after his volatile behavior botches up a Justice League mission. The Titans must then step up to face Trigon after he possesses the League and threatens to conquer the world."  I'm interested in this flick as it is a unique idea.  Enough typing lets go!
  • Where is Lois Lane?
  • The Legion of Doom?  AWE WHAT A RUSH!  
Wrong Legion of Doom?
  • Wait...who are these people fighting the Justice League?  I mean I know who they are but they haven't been introduced to this universe yet I don't think unless I missed a flick
  • Gotta respect Robin's idea of crowd control!
  • That was unique by Superman
  • Good grief some of DC's villains are lame
  • Well that is slightly disturbing
  • Oh it is Damian as Robin, that makes sense
Not the usual Robin nor Teen Titans
  • What a weird design for Beast Boy
  • I guess maybe it isn't weird just used to the Teen Titans designs already out there
  • Wait...they have Blue Beetle as a teenager?
  • So is Starfire a teen or their teacher?
  • Again with the glasses between Superman and Wonder Woman?  GOOD GRIEF
  • Who knew Blue Beetle was so cool look
  • Then again I don't know anything about Blue Beetle
  • I find Starfire & Ravens voices a little weird when you're used to old voice actors
  • Atomic Skull?  Really?
  • Is this all about Raven?
  • I haven't said it but I don't mind the Wonder Woman design.  Not Rosario as the voice actor but the design is good
  • That was strangely adult oriented
  • I really hate this Batman voice actor.  Sorry Jason O'Mara but you're just not right for Batman
  • Really a montage about getting to know each other with a horrible random pop song.  UGGG
  • Now a dance off between Beast Boy and Robin in Dance Dance Revolution...I mean whatever this is called...I don't want to get sued
  • I might stab myself in the ears if I have to hear much more of this pop music crap!
  • All black eyes are so damn creepy!
  • He only hits Raven because he loves her?  
Ravens stalker?
  • Beast Boys name is Garfield?  That seems...wrong...but only if he was orange
  • Did Starfire just get naked in front of everyone at the carnival?
  • Her father sent them?
  • This is why I hate demons
  • I think this is how the Paranormal Activity series started Raven, you're just confused
  • Strange that Green Lantern and Shazam aren't involved here
  • To paraphrase Army of Darkness...Wonder Woman just got REAL ugly
  • The Boom tube/Cyborg thing is odd but I see that coming in the Justice League flick too
  • I like the Batman/Wonder Woman romance better.  Superman belongs with Lois, call me old fashion
  • I really like this storyline and flick
  • Perhaps its is the booze or the fact that I watched that horrible animated Titanic flick between the two Justice League flicks but I'm enjoying this much more than Throne of Atlantis.
  • They did a good job in the design of hell
  • Combining Damien and Raven's storylines, nice idea
  • Ra's al Ghul fighting style is cool, just like in Arrow
  • Well...didn't see that coming
  • The Justice League pretty much gets their asses kicked constantly
Well that was much better than Atlantis.  I enjoyed it quite a bit actually.  A MUCH better storyline for sure.  Again for whatever reason the animation and art didn't bother me as much as earlier today. Perhaps it is the booze or perhaps it is because the story was better and didn't distract me as much.  

While normally I like the older voice actors I like the Damian/Robin voice actor.  It fits the character where I don't think the older one would.  I also can't complain about the voice actors for the Titans at all really.  While they were different they all fit the character designs I think.

The storyline of Ravens father was very nice and something I don't think was explored in the early 2000 Titan series.  The inclusion of Ra's al Ghul, even if it was just a trick of Trigon, was very cool. They have focused quite a bit on the Damian character in various Batman series so it makes sense to continue that focus.  Also works well for kids.

I will say the inclusion of the two pop songs was quite annoying.  I don't think it helped the story any and pulled me out of the story.  Especially the random dance video game segment.  I realize it was there to allow Raven to go visit with daddy but it was a little long winded.

Overall I give it a 7/10.  That is right on par with what others on IMDB have said.  A very good storyline and for the most part much better voice acting.  I still don't like Batmans voice actor and I missed Lantern and Shazam but those are minor points.  

There wasn't anything that this flick did over the top amazing but it didn't do anything glaringly bad and that is an good thing!


No comments: