2017/09/18

RIP Bobby The Brain

I don't often do the whole RIP thing more than mention someone I liked pass.  I find it weird especially for actors because I didn't really know them.  Use Robin Williams for example or whoever. But I sometimes feel different with wrestlers and I think it is because I see them weekly.  I "saw" Bobby Heenan on a weekly basis from 1990 through 1999 I think.  That is more than I saw my own grandparents.  Because of the weekly nature of wrestling and the fact that the announcers are there each and every week they feel almost like family members sometimes.  Yes they are playing characters and I don't really know them but it feels like it.  Also because you don't see them, or rarely is a few cases, as anyone other than Bobby Heenan.  Robin Williams you saw as all sorts of people but wrestlers are almost always "themselves".  I never saw a different version of Bobby Heenan.  He was always the Brain.

If Bobby was twenty years later in life he'd have been a major star.  His timing in live broadcast was amazing and you could tell he was enjoying himself at times.  Especially his interactions with Gorilla Monsoon.  Their friendship was obvious and so classic to any WWF fan.

I could go on but instead I'll just link a few videos to here to watch just how great he was.













No comments: