2017/09/23

Movie Review: Hello, My Name is Doris




Good morning, good afternoon, good evening...whenever it is you have come across this review. Today (9/11/17) I am checking out the 2015 flick Hello, my name is Doris.  It current, as of the viewing date, has a 6.7/10 over on imdb.  It stars Sally Field, Max Greenfield and Tyne Daly.  "A self-help seminar inspires a sixty-something woman to romantically pursue her younger co-worker."
  • Of course the kids are on their phone
  • Interesting cast already
  • Nothing wrong with a little hording son
  • That is awkward, facing the back of the elevator
  • Who talks that much in an elevator?  
  • SHE JUST STOLE HIS PENCIL!
  • Lacey?  Is that Lacey?
  • Well this guy is a con artist.  I should explore his job 
  •  Good grief, that scene was just plain weird...like this flick so far
  • Another fantasy?  Is this the female Walter Mitty?
  • Communism is a good idea
  • Yes google him, that is the way to do it
  • No one likes Improv Jazz
  • Lacey is right, this is a very bad idea
  • That is the worst fake facebook I've seen, why not just make a fake social media system
  • Good god this is going to be bad, did you see cover
  • I was wrong, it was bad, it isn't good much like her dancing
  • Wow, how could they talk to her like that.  I guess I just liked family too much
  • She does kind of fit in there strangely enough
  • WTF is happening right now?  WHAT IS THIS?  This is why I don't listen to music anymore or go concerts
  • Yet strangely I don't hate the music yet I want to
  • Good grief, I honestly want to slap every person at this concert.  Everyone of them
  • What scares me is that most of this is probably how people really are any more
  • She is going to misread ALL of this...bad things are coming
  • Yep stalking is what this is called
  • It is weird to not see these people in comedy roles
None of this movie made sense to me.  It was all very strange and weird.  I didn't hate it but honestly I don't know what to say about it.  Overall I guess I will give it a 6/10.  It was hard to follow but had a nice story.  

It had a really good cast and it helped the flick.  It was just kind of there for me.  It felt like Walter Mitty but with an older woman.  

It did have some scenes that seemed pointless and could have been re-written to make the other characters more interesting in my opinion.

Overall I guess I can't suggest this flick but I wouldn't say to avoid it.  If you have 90 minutes and are looking for a movie with a decent message then this is okay.  I felt like it was a lot of fluff and not substance but that is just me.

No comments: