2017/09/19

Movie Review: Everything Everything




Good morning, good afternoon, good evening...whenever it is you have come across this entry. Today (9/10/17) I am checking out the flick Everything Everything.  "A teenager who's spent her whole life confined to her home falls for the boy next door."  It stars Amandla Stenberg, Nick Robinson and Anika Noni Rose.  As of 9/10/17 IMDB has a 6.3 rating.  This is not my typical flick but lets see how it goes

  • I'd love to not go outside!
  • I wonder why it is always a white shirt
  • Don't they find it weird that they have a clear glass sliding door?  I would...it is a weird house
  • That is true, those cakes usually are dry
  • Why is he in all black...that seems...fishy...and was that a jack and coke?
  • How old is this kid?
  • I don't trust his kid at all, I think he is out to harvest her organs
  • Wait...how did he connect to the bluetooth?  Is it that easy to do it?  Because it is never that easy for me to connect to a bluetooth device
  • That seems to be really foolish...to let that stranger into the room.  Going to get that girl killed
  • I do not trust this Olly kid, nope, something is off about him.  
  • They are not across the room from each other...and don't touch that bracelet thingy
  • I wonder how much they paid Apple or Apple paid them
  • Yeah sneak him in, nothing bad can happen, nope nothing
  • Wait...what are these weird subtitles....what they're thinking?
  • Why would Maddy have that kind of dress?  For the occasion?  
  • And now Maddy dies, thanks a lot movie!  
  • Wait....she just left the house...because Olly was in a fight
  • The father didn't hit Olly, it was the other way around from what I could see
  • This is a young adult book?  Very depressing
  • She is firing her?  Nice mom, lets make sure you lock your daughter away
  • Shouldn't those be on big poster boards like other movies
  • Yeah this is a great nurse, I'd tell her to fuck off
  • It is hard to blame the mom for all this, I want to protect my daughter all the time and she doesn't have the same issue as Maddy does
  • My god, she is going to run away isn't she
  • Getting on a plane is even worse than going outside little girl
  • Airplanes are death traps for normal people Maddy!  WTF!!
  • What kind of credit limit did Maddy get?  Unlimited?
  • The cops should be able to trace her if she used her ID to board the plane, she is 18 though...
  • It isn't that small honestly I don't know if she could find a bigger one in this day and age
  • She can't swim and she is going to jump off a cliff?
  • Oh...she can suddenly swim...strange
  • Things seem out of place.  Maddy seems to change a little in scenes like they were shot out of order and the actress changed
  • I guess she isn't sick anymore....and as I typed that she is sick
  • I bet mom sent Olly way to protect her
  • I don't think I'd bother to get dressed every day, not in jeans for sure
  • Has her mom been lying all this time?
Well that was different then what I usually watch.  I guess I'll give it a 6/10 because I'm not really sure what to compare it to.  It was well performed although I feel like she should have been more amazed by the outside world then what she was.  The young lady who played Maddy, Amandla Stenberg, did an amazing job.  

Overall it is not a bad flick but not what I usually watch as I said.  Mostly because these kind of flicks feel real where I don't have to worry about a mystical mummy coming back to life.  I watch movies usually to find an escape and this did not do that.  Some of it hit a little close to home then what I'd like to admit.

If you enjoy dramas and real life (well as real as movies can be) this isn't a bad flick.

No comments: