2017/09/11

Movie Review: The Rezort

Looks like Dead Island to me
Good morning, good afternoon, good evening, whenever it is that you have come across yet another fat mans movie review.  Today I'm checking out the flick The Rezort.  It stars Dougray Scott, Jessica De Gouw and Martin McCann.  "The ReZort, a safari park, offers paying guests the opportunity to kill as many zombies as they please following an outbreak."  Sounds like Dead Island meets a safari to me.  Not sure what I think of this but lets go check out...The Rezort!

  • Sadly humanity would keep the virus the going instead of wiping it out
  • I also seeing someone make a "resort" out of something like this
  • How do people NOT see the issue with what this place represents and whatnot
  • Yeah those kids will die first, probably with their headphones on
  • Is it wrong that I want these fools on this island to die?
  • So in the world of "The Rezort" was there not Jurassic Park the movie or book?  Because this is EXACTLY what happened to them.  
  • I feel like I'm watching Jurassic World but with Zombies, right down to the guys in the computer control room
  • And they don't have redundant systems to the redundant systems?  This is why they need me to think for them...and tell them NOT to do this stupid thing to being with
  • Wait...they aren't even free range zombies?
  • Oh, there are some free rangers
  • Nice down the scope shot
  • I wonder if that would be therapeutic after a zombie war
  • The one kid has a flag painted on his head?  I would shot him
  • They camp out in the wilderness...with the zombies?  Yeah brilliant!
  • So...to hit on this girl....they are going to talk about winning a video game.  Yeah the ladies usually jump at the one boys.  Don't forget to mention Dungeons and Dragons
  • So where is Nedry?  
  • Then there is running and screaming...yep Jurassic Park
  • How did they get in the control room?  Did no one think to lock the doors manually?
  • So the person who hacked the place did it and stayed on the island?  That doesn't make sense...does it?
  • Did he just quote The Lion King?
  • Get in the car girls, not the cloth tents
  • Not on...in boys and girls, your shooting is going to bring more
  • 1 gamer down...but no headphones I was wrong
  • I will say this movie is moving quickly which is a good sign
  • Ah they sacrificed her, nice
  • For a whole island of dead heads there aren't many around 
  • I kind of like the sound effects of the dead in this flick
  • Why not get to the roofs?  That'd be my plan...and they just pasted a ladder
  • One shot that lock huh?
  • They are going to get to the boat and it will be the boat from izombie...ie full of zombies
  • They were in the air ducts?
  • Yeah just leave that door open...
  • Wait...he is leaving his girlfriend/wife?  Why not help latch the door then all climb up
  • He got what he deserved didn't he
  • I have to say this is better than I expected
  • I believe it is rule number one...cardio
  • Wait...how?
Well I liked that much better than I thought I would and better then those on IMDB.  As of 9/9/17, when I watched this flick, it has a 5.3/10.  I think it is a better flick then that, I give it a 6/10.

I wanted to give it a better score but the last two or three minutes really hurt the flick.  The ending wasn't what was needed.  Heck it wasn't the last two or three minutes it was the last 30 seconds honestly.  Leave it with the speech from the main chick Melanie and that is it.  However they threw in the scene with the dead coming out of the sea and that hurt it.  I realize it was to tease a second flick or to show it didn't end all happy (which normally I'd be all for) but it leaves the flick hanging in a sense and I NEVER like that.  I want a beginning, middle and end in to my stories and this didn't give it to me.

Overall if you like zombie flicks, which I do, this is worth watching.  I feel like a few plot holes hurt it a bit but there a lot...A LOT...worse zombie flicks out there.  

So until next time...abyssinia!

No comments: