2017/09/27

Movie Review: The Girl on the Train (2016)


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening....whenever it is you have come across this review. Today (9/12/17) I am checking out the flick The Girl on the Train.  This is based off a book by the same name, a book I rather enjoyed.  I hope the movie does it justice.  It stars Emily Blunt, Haley Bennett and Rebecca Ferguson.  "A divorcee becomes entangled in a missing persons investigation that promises to send shockwaves throughout her life."  It currently has a 6.5/10 on IMDB

  • Why the creepy stare dude?
  • I think everyone has thought about the random people/houses they pass
  • These people should probably invest in some curtains
  • Yeah, she is plastered, you can tell, which will be a theme in the flick
  • Interesting they are keeping with the jumping around of characters
  • What is a calorie director?
  • Interesting, this is not how envisioned Megan
  • That is one weird looking baby
  • That is a her?
  • Is this suddenly a dream?  Oh yeah okay it is
  • He sounds like me, just saying that everything will be fine
  • Ah yes facebook stalking and then drunk calling the ex
  • Loneliness is a horrible thing
  • Wow they are really trying to make it seem like Rachel does it
  • Oh right creepy guy is weird guy
  • Wow Lisa Kudrow is looking a old!
  • Oh a violent drunk
  • Wow....just come right out with it, good thing you are not a PR person for like a president
  • Good grief....I don't think lying is like that at all
  • It is still abuse if you don't care
  • I forgot how confusing/interwoven this all became
  • There is a lot of sex in this flick, more than I would have thought
  • Drinking everyday is what she does
  • Ah yes, breaking into the husbands account while drinking, knowing his ex, I'm sure that won't bother him at all
  • This flick is real yet it isn't, it is so odd, I felt the same way with the book
  • Oh right, I completely forgot about this part of the story
  • I hate guys like Scott, makes all guys seem like assholes
  • Oh right, now I am starting to remember what really happens...yeah
  • This film is really well done
  • Damn
  • Wait...is that how it happened in the book?  Now I can't remember
  • JESUS LADY!
That was really enjoyable....well perhaps that isn't the correct phrase.  It was really well done and much like the book I don't think you knew who it was that killed Megan.  

I think everyone did a wonderful job in their roles.  I dislike how all the men in the movie are scum but such is life.  Now that I wrote that I feel that most of the characters are slightly one dimensions and I think I said something similar for the book.  

It isn't the easiest movie to watch, as I alluded to above, as it does feel very real.  The characters felt real despite what I said moments ago about slightly one dimensional.  

Honestly the one thing I can say bad about this flick would be the length, I felt it was a little long for this kind of flick but that is a common complaint.  It didn't take away from my "enjoyment" of the flick and I actually give this an 8/10.  If you haven't seen this I'd suggest going out and watching it.

Until next time...Abyssinia!

No comments: