2017/09/25

Movie Review: Inferno (2016)


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening...whenever it is you have found this entry.  Today (9/12) I am watching the Ron Howard flick Inferno.  It stars Tom Hanks, Felicity Jones and Irrfan Khan.  "When Robert Langdon wakes up in an Italian hospital with amnesia, he teams up with Dr. Sienna Brooks, and together they must race across Europe against the clock to foil a deadly global plot."  It is based, in part, on the Dan Brown book.  It currently has a 6.2/10 on IMDB.



  • We do have too many people on the planet, that is true.
  • I wouldn't flip the switch, screw humanity!
  • Strange dreams, I understand that, I get them a lot too...usually about unicorns
  • There are worse places to wake up, like Detroit!
  • Well that was pretty straight forward, lets kill everyone in the way, gotta love the direct approach
  • Wow...shooting people in public seems much easier in the movies then I assume it is in real life
  • I don't trust this doctor lady
  • Wait...she took his clothes from the hospital, did she lose them?
  • Should I have been able to tell what that was on his back?
  • Weird kid is right!
  • Why do most billionaires look like douches?
  • I actually agree with some of what this nut job is saying
  • Is this going to be one of those movies where everyone is against Hanks?
  • So everyone that is looking for you is outside the garden...so you sneak into it?  
  • Tom Hanks runs weird
  • I am not a fan of this flick thus far, way too much flashing around
  • Half the world?  How would she know?  Oh right the youtube video
  • The niece looks like Zooey
  • This kind of thing seems to follow the Professor regularly
  • A tour goes up there?
  • I think I'd take the heels off, but what do I know
  • That is a hell of a flashlight!
  • Yeah, the "can't remember anything for the last 48 hours" is a great plot device
  • So are we going to find out this guy is actually the bad guy and Elizabeth and the guy from Jurassic Park is actually the good guys
  • I would think that the fire extinguisher to the face would be enough but not in movies
  • They would be really good at Where's Waldo as easily as they picked that guy out of that crowd
  • The problem with these movies are they are often predictable  At some point there will be at least one more double cross if not two
  • And 30 seconds after I wrote that there is yet another double cross
  • Oh wow, that *IS* Ben Foster...he was kind of chubby during this flick
  • Nobody finds it weird this guy is dragging a body around?  Movies are so weird with things like that
  • Humanity is inhuman, good quote
  • Why the gloves?  
  • This is like that movie the Game
  • Something isn't right about that memory is it?  Is Elizabeth going to turn on the Professor as well?
  • The problem with trying to make us think that the bad guy is going to win is it happens so rarely.  This should be a heart beating in your chest moment and i have no doubt they'll stop it
  • Of course they'll study it so that they can weaponize it....er....study it
Like the other "Dan Brown" movies this isn't a bad movie.  It is quite contrived, in my opinion, but that is what makes them fun right?  The acting was well done and honestly it was hard to know who was good or bad.  So between good acting and good writing I found that good.

I would give it a 7/10, so slightly higher than the average but average for me on non-bottom 100 flicks I think.  

I can't really say anything good or bad about the flick, it was just there.  Standard Tom Hanks/Dan Brown/Opie flick.  There wasn't anything new or ground breaking in the film and like I mentioned during my play by play it really ends up academic at the end.  I know it is the journey that is important, and it is, but it comes to the point where it is tiresome to always see good win because that isn't life.  I also know that recently I said I watch movies to escaped real life so yeah that is a paradox huh?

If you can catch this on a movie channel or a streaming service its not bad.  I am glad I watched it but I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it either.

No comments: