2017/09/21

Movie Review: My Cousin Rachel (1952)



Good morning, good afternoon, good evening, whenever if is you have come across this review. Today (9/11/17) I am checking out the 1952 flick My Cousin Rachel.  I am watching this flick because my better half wanted to watch it.  I am checking it out because why not.  "A young man plots revenge against the woman he believes murdered his cousin, but his plans are shaken when he comes face to face with the enigmatic beauty."  It stars Olivia de Havilland, Richard Burton and Audrey Dalton.  It has a rating of 7.2 over on IMDB.  So lets see what it is about...my cousin Rachel
  • Death is the price of murder, but freedom is a buck o'five
  • GOOD GRIEF HE BAKED A PUPPY!
  • His "illness" is causing paranoia I am guessing
  • Inpatient son of a gun
  • They did tell the family he was dead?  That seems...odd
  • Would it have been sent to him?  Seems like it took a while
  • CALLED IT!  The tumor did it
  • A yes, revenge is always the way, nothing bad ever comes of revenge
  • This guy is a real dick, but then again he does think that she killed his family
  • A yes, the Princess Leia hair 
  • I don't trust this woman Rachel
  • That is a strange question...only these two...was she expecting more?
  • Old movies have such overbearing music at times
  • Is he going to marry is own cousin?
  • I wouldn't drink that tea for all the tea in China!
  • Other will?  Just happens to mention that now.  I believe this is called gas lighting boys and girls
  • Let the paranoia begin!
  • That is true about some women...but men too!
  • So is Phil the bad guy here?  I'm confused
  • A third?
  • I can't tell who the bad guy and who the good guy is
  • Did she poison him?
  • WTF is going on?
  • He just carries around a straight razor?
What just happened?  Why do so many older movies NOT have endings and leave it up to me to assume what happened.  Because that ends up meaning that it is always a conspiracy!  That is just how my mind works.

Overall I would give it a 6/10, which is lower than the average because of the lack of an ending.  I've said it before in my reviews but I expect a beginning, middle and end to my stories.  This just left it hanging.  

I liked the story but I felt that without an ending it was not good flick because it wasn't complete.

No comments: