2015/08/03

Review of Episode 4 of Scream


Time for Episode 4 of the MTV series Scream (that link is to my Amazon store where you can purchase the weekly episodes...what...the Fat Man has to stay fat by eating!!).  This is the first time I've done a TV series review.  I am trying to be good and not spoil things boys and girls.  It has a 7.5 on IMDB as of my watching of this episode on 8/4, which is generous in my opinion.  
  • The flaw in this show is that they believe they are making us care about the characters.  We don't have enough background to care
  • Is "Daisy" the worse mom every?  I'll be right back?  Go to the crime scene?
  • The podcast is the viewer now?  It should have been all along!
  • Brooke is what...30?
  • Teenage jobs sure are easier then what they were when I was young
  • So the virgin survives thus far, at least they are sticking to the rules
  • Bex Taylor-Klaus is easily the best actress on this show
  • Murdertown is kind of small...since it is mostly teens showing up to a major news conference. The devil is in the details boys and girls
  • The sheriff has some great people skills
  • Will is the scum of the earth, killer or not
  • Are those Lisa Loeb glasses?
  • So every teenager drinks?  I guess I was a nerd....well if you know me there is no guess...
  • I must be doing workplace stuff wrong.  Apparently there is suppose to be inter-workplace romances everywhere!
  • Jake is extremely creepy looking...and strangely fake looking...which is weird...but I like his hair...DAMN IT!  (hair reference)
  • Nice, keeping together, I dig that
  • That has to be a stencil, like the Andre the Giant thing there for a while
  • Why would an abandoned hospital have power?
  • Noah's balls are going to hurt....well almost (sorry spoiler)
  • Good slashers don't have lairs, serial killers do.  Devil & details...
  • Gloves? Really?  Take it and run!  Although...all of her friends dying does sorta of make her a suspect
    • I am actually impressed that she did this.  Knocking the writing and then they do this, doesn't make up for it but well good job writer man
  • Perhaps worst break scream ever!
  • Ah yes, make the sheriff look guilty this time.  We haven't had pushed the guilty toward him yet
  • Seriously how old is Brooke suppose to be?
  • Jake's eyes are too close together or something....
  • Uggg, who picks these horrible songs?
  • Ah, the movie nerd is a computer nerd as well...of course
  • Informing the creepy podcaster who needs content?  Not a good idea
  • Wait....a video file with an exe in it?  NOOOOOO!!!
  • Is the podcast younger then Brooke?
  • First time at what?  Oh....
I will say the show is picking up steam until the end.  This was easily the best episode both in writing and acting.  I think it is because it was a heavy Emma and Audrey episode.  Easily the best actors on the show. Audrey of course is/was on Arrow for several seasons and I haven't seen Emma on anything but she is heads and shoulders better than her peers.  

I am sorry I don't mean to be harsh on these actors, they are doing what many of us wish we could. I'd like to say I'd be better but well...not so much most likely.  I may not be able to do it but I know good and bad.  

The momentum is picking up and I am glad.  I want this to be good.  It could be.  I feel that the writers are starting to figure out characters/plot.  Please keep this momentum and don't disappoint me!

No comments: