2015/08/26

Fear the Walking Dead or just fear this show?


After work took up some time and then internet/cable issues I'm back with another fresh review.  This time I look at the new AMC show Fear the Walking Dead.  As much as I love the Walking Dead this better be good!  Oh and obviously there will be spoilers so avoid if you haven't watched yet!!
  • That is a dude?  What is he wearing?
  • Is it the remains of a puffy shirt?
  • Did he steal Gloria's shirt?  Is she running around topless?
  • Ah yes the flicking lights of a zombie attack!  Sure sign there be dead inside!
  • PULL UP YOUR PANTS if you're going to fight zombies today
  • How did that car not see him?  He was in the road for like 30 seconds before he was hit...wait...the driver was probably distracted by his shirt!
  • Is that the daughter from Humans?  Nope just looks like her.
  • Wow, Madison is quite the mom!
  • Nice, metal detectors in the hall
  • The principle looks a little like President Obama
  • A steak knife?  That'll come back into play I bet
  • Smart kid trying to protect himself
  • So the plague is known but not wide spread?
  • So the plague is known but they don't know it is people eating people?
  • Like any good stepdad/live in boyfriend he goes to the known drug den where some people were eating people?  WOW!  Stepdad of the year for sure this one
  • Nick's roommate worries me, is he infected?
  • No flashing lights so I think stepdad is safe from zombies
  • I...I could be wrong however
  • Oh I forgot to give the show 10 points for the use of the word viscera.  One of my favorite words!
  • Oh he isn't even their stepdad!  What he did makes him even better
  • A little slow thus far.  I know it is a first episode but thus far the characters aren't connecting, not like Rick and Morgan did
  • With that many kids out the school would be closed wouldn't it?
  • Nice fake out
  • Stay put?  Yeah right
  • Wait....everyone is a carrier of the virus...so that guy is about to rise up!
  • Where is Nick's girly shirt?  Did he steal the old mans clothes?
  • Yep, those are old man clothes
  • They're both going to the drug den?  INSANE!
  • Hey pull over if emergency vehicles go by stepdad of the year!
  • This has a World War Z feel to it already
  • Flu shots?  They've said it several times.  Are they trying to say it is the flu shots that caused this?
  • Oh that kid is going to end up a zombie killed with his own knife
  • Oh man Cal is going to kill Nick!  Nicky don't trust him
  • This Nick kid has worse luck then Rick & Carl combined and that boggles the mind
  • Did she get bit?  Did Momma get bit?
Well that was interesting.  It was slow and a nice build up.  Almost too slow.  I find the Nick kid annoying a shit and the mom character as well.  Thus far I am not extremely impressed but I am also comparing it to a show that has 5 years on TV so I'm probably be too hard.  I wont' give it an official rating until the six episodes are over.  Thus far however I am a thumbs in the middle.  Nothing great but nothing horrible.  Hopefully it picks up!

No comments: