2015/08/08

Movie Review: Identity



This time I watched the 2003 Thriller Identity.  Over on IMDB it has a rating of 7.3 as of 8/8.  It stars John Cusack, Ray Liotta and Amanda Peet.  "Stranded at a desolate Nevada motel during a nasty rain-storm, ten strangers become acquainted with each other when they realize that they're being killed off one by one."  Lets get this done because my key has a #7.....
  • I feel like I'm watching the end of the Usual Suspects, that I should be paying much more attention then I am, instead I'm typing this up
  • A drinking game to Wheel of Fortune....interesting
  • John C. McGinley is a actor!
  • 6 or 9?  I wonder if I'll need to remember that
  • The time line confuses me just a bit thus far, not sure if this is a flash back or happening as it is happening....wait....never mind
  • Wait....is this a prequel to Frightners?
  • Good thing the limo driver knows First Aid...or how to sew a button
  • Jake Busey is as weird looking as his daddy!
  • Ray Liotta is another actor that I never trust.  He could be saving puppies and I would assume he is up to no good
  • Two pills....that is weird...I should probably be paying much better attention to what is going on....everyone seems to have secrets
  • I once stayed in a hotel like this....I ended up with Scarlet Fever
  • That is Rebecca De Mornay?  She looks so different with Red Hair
  • This is the reason that I don't stop at back water hotels anymore....well and the Scarlet Fever
  • I'm pretty sure I'd go and lock my door and barricade that mother up
  • In the dryer?  That is different
  • Why would the killer alert the others?
  • A newlywed bliss
  • Why do they open the door?  They always open the door!
  • A lot of misdirection going on, I'd like to say I know who did it but I have yet to see Verbal Kent
  • What the hell is right
  • Honestly if you want a creepy looking guy to be in your movie Jake Busey is a great choice
  • This flick has a great cast and everyone has been amazing thus far!
  • Wow....um....how....
  • Seriously....locked...in...my...room!!
  • Otis?  The Walking Dead's Otis?  Awesome!
  • Doc Oct is much different without his suit
  • Wait...is this a prequel to Poltergeist?
  • They are all in Nevada
  • Is it?  No...nope....my guess was wrong....wait....could be still....but could it be?
  • Yeah...I'm confused a hell right now...good job movie!
  • I think this is a prequel to Poltergeist
  • Okay...again...what the hell!
  • I was right I think....but spoiler free here...so I can't prove it....
  • Nope I wasn't right, I'll admit it
  • John Cusack does quite a few of these weird flicks doesn't he
  • Hmmm, I take it back....I still might be right...because we didn't see two people die did we (sort of a spoiler to prove I might be right)
  • I WAS RIGHT!!!
I think I'll start with my rating.  8/10.  I save anything higher for those flicks that I absolutely loved and this just isn't quite that.  It isn't that there was anything wrong with the flick, in fact I am not sure I have anything bad to say about it, but it just isn't that amazing have to watch several times in a row type flick...but close.

From here on out you're going to see spoilers so you've been warned



The cast and acting itself is amazing.  Even the smaller parts like that by Carmen Argenziano or Matt Letscher were well done.  For me I think the small part by Otis...er....Pruitt Taylor Vince stole the show for me.  I was surprised to see him get wheeled out and then really impressed by his Gollum like performance.  

Now it is a mystery/suspense thriller so a a viewer you're trying to figure out who did it.  As I said as I was watching it they do the typical job of misdirection.  I think they did a good job of it till about half way through the flick.  They tipped their hand a bit...and if there was one bad thing it was that scene.  I did figure out it was Timmy (who for a young actor did a pretty damn good job) because of one scene.  They make you think it isn't but the one thing they didn't do was show the bodies in the car and that was what did it for me.  Had they showed some body parts...something....I might have bought it but that and the fact that his mom died after he went in there...alone...it did it.

However that didn't ruin it at all.  I would suggest anyone who enjoys thrillers to check this flick out! I would watch it a second time if I didn't have 25+ movies in my queue for all of you, my faithful readers.  That doesn't include when I go see new movies or book reviews or my continuing review of the TV Show Scream!  So expect to continue to see a review every few days.  

If you've got a flick you'd like to see me review let me know.  Also if you're going to be doing any shopping on Amazon please click the link to do your shopping with my account.  I get a small percentage for anything purchased...or click the ads for me.  Thank you for reading and as always...Abyssinia!!

No comments: