2015/08/14

Movie Review: The Marked One


Hello again boys and girls, I'm back and this time I'm watching the 2014 flick Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones.  "Jesse begins experiencing a number of disturbing and unexplainable things after the death of his neighbor. As he investigates, it isn't long before Jesse finds he's been marked for possession by a malevolent demonic entity, and it's only a matter of time before he is completely under its control..."  Over on IMDB it has a rating of 5 as of 8/14.  I am a big fan of the series thus far, the first flick being one of my favorite horror flicks of all time.  The series has gone down hill a bit with each flick so lets see what this one has for us!  HERE WE GO!!

  • My girl Katie better show
  • These people are the reason I hate graduations!  Shut up and let the stupid thing get finished
  • 2 minutes in and I am going to say that kids hair is awful!
  • Shake weight and reading the bible...makes perfect sense to me
  • Yeah filming gang bangers usually leads to trouble
  • Yep, this is what is wrong with the youth of the world
  • Are they getting Granny drunk?  
    • I think I need to get me drunk...where is the rum?
  • Ah yes, the go pro on a rope trick, I've seen a hundred times
  • These kids are flipping weird!
  • Oh no, the po-po in the house!
  • How much older is Jesse's friend then Jesse?  
  • Yep, a good plan made better by our friend Mary Jane!
  • Yes touch everything without gloves
  • Check the toilet...CHECK THE TOILET!
  • Was that a cat or a kid?
  • Yep these kids are going to jail
  • Time travel?  Awesome!  But to only unholy places?
  • Did they break into a church to do a demonic ritual?  I'm confused
  • Have these kids never watched a horror movie?  DON'T INVESTIGATE THE SOUND!
  • Why use the lantern like Bray Wyatt?  Why not...oh I don't know...TURN ON THE LIGHTS!
  • He sleeps with the neon lights on?  Weird...seriously these kids are weird
  • Farm? Old Women? 
  • Even Simon doesn't like this dumbass kid
  • They don't find this stuff weird?
  • Where is Jesse's dad?
  • Once again, don't go find the noise
  • The first 1/3 is slow and annoying because of teenagers but it is picking up a bit now
  • I think the kid just shit himself
  • Well that was unexpected and escalated rather quickly
  • Jacking off to R. Kelly videos?
  • Did these kids just walk crash a gangbangers party?  With a video camera?  
  • And lets take the hotties to the apartment with sis and grandma
  • Is that my girl?  Damn it wasn't
  • How did Jesse not hear that shit?  Oh right all the blood was being used for other areas of his body
  • Who knew it was so easy to get into a murder victims house
  • This flick is a little long in the tooth so to speak
  • Really?  Come on.  I know it is horror flick but some logic would be nice
  • Well that is gross!  I hate things that have to do with eyes
  • Once again....that escalated quickly
  • Oh that is not cool!  Going after a persons dog is NOT COOL!
  • And there is the creepy kids, always creepy kids
  • Wait...is that my Katie's demon?  Sounded sorta like him.  
  • Eggs?  Everyone loves Eggs....except Jesse I guess
  • I think I saw that is Infamous!
  • Never go demon hunting in a shitty car everyone knows that
  • AH HELL YEAH!  This is ghost/demon hunting!
  • A little less gung-ho then they were
  • None of this would be needed if Katie just came and lived with me.  The three of us, her demon as well, would make a happy family.  
  • That better not have been my girl Katie damn it!
  • Wait...I've seen that door...I think it goes to Narnia
  • Unholy place?  This place isn't unholy!  
  • Was that my girl?  
  • I don't remember that...wait....okay yeah....
Well that was....different.  I will give it a 6/10.  A little long in tooth and could have shaved a little bit off the start of the flick.  I didn't "relate" to these characters as much as I did in the other flicks probably because they were younger.  

The acting was well done I think and filming...well it is a POV movie for most of it.  The scares were routine at this point and nothing new.  The effects were a little more hollywood with the "planking" and the floating dog and what not.  

What I loved about the first flick was that it was done so well.  This ties into the first flick well and I had to go read about the end of the first one again.  I had forgot that Micah is killed off screen THEN thrown at the camera.  Katie Featherston is as amazing looking as ever.  How she hasn't become a bigger star is beyond me.  Not only because I think she is beautiful I think she did a great job in this series and the few episodes of the River she was in.  

Anyway my love for Katie aside this was an okay flick.  Again slightly better pacing and I would have given it a bit rating.  If you enjoy the series it is worth checking out.  Until next time...if anyone sees Katie give her my number!  I have keys her demon friend can play with.  Until next time....Abyssinia!!

No comments: