2019/12/07

Supertape Volume 3 Review


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening...whenever you found this entry.  Today I am watching an old Coliseum Home Video tape, Supertape 3.  These tapes were put out monthly back in the day.  I loved renting these back in the day so lets see if I enjoy it as much today!
  • Gotta love some Mr. Perfect!
  • Sad we do not get to see Bobby with Perfect
  • How proud did Perfect look locking that sleeper in...it was...well the perfect look
  • I love that rolling neck snap of Perfect
  • I miss Perfect, can you imagine how good he would be at the performance center?
  • I always like Barbie for some reason, not sure why.  Especially liked him as part of the Faces of Fear in WCW
  • A lot of playing to the crowd here, you can tell it was a house show
  • Strange, they had Barbie use the ropes to win, guess it keeps Snuka strong in the eyes of the locals
  • Future Tag Team Champions the Natural Disasters going one on one
  • I hated this single for Quake
  • GOOD GOD A RUNNING DROPKICK FROM QUAKE!
  • Tugboats dropkick was not an impressive
  • Nice way to keep both strong and have a really good match
  • I know everyone says that Demolition was just LOD clones but I never felt that way.  Similar yes but clones no.  
  • Also, I always like Demolition better!
  • Especially Ax and Smash, one of my favourite teams that I hope will go into the Hall of Fame soon!
  • LOD broke up the Demolition Decapitator!  That is rare
  • This match makes me think of the Wrestlefest arcade game...man I would love to own that bad boy!
  • I feel like Ax and Smash are overlooked as performers.  They were so smooth and could wrestler or brawl so well
  • I hated when they changed Demolitions music
  • Demolition was not the same without Ax in my opinion
  • Will this be two LOD matches where Hawk does not go into the ring post?  I will believe it when I see it!
  • Animal has a great powerslam.  It is Dustin Rhodes or Ron Simmons but it is damn good
  • I think that Paul Roma is a classic underachiever in wrestling, had the looks, a decent promo but never got very far in the WWF.  Had a decent run in WCW as a tag team man but never stood out too far
  • Interesting to see Roma use Davey Boy Smith/Warlords finisher
  • Why did Herc not react at all to the backslide?  It is almost like he knew it was not over
  • I love that Hercules is "shaking" the ropes while Roma puts his feet on them
  • Weird to see Gorilla and Bobby at ringside but not doing the announcing
  • Two of my favourites here with DiBiase and Boss Man
  • Sorry I did not "Say" anything during that match, I was just enjoying it!
  • Double Mr. Perfect on this tape...yes please!
  • Heenan is at ringside too!
  • How much piss do you think Jake drank before heading to the ring?  One bottle?  Two?
Good matches but my favourite was easily Boss Man and DiBiase.  Two of my favourites in good action but honestly no bad matches here.  From a time where there were men who were wrestlers not kids and you almost believed or could easily forget and get caught up.  When was the last time that happened nowadays?

Results
  • Mr. Perfect def. Texas Tornado (Intercontinental Champion) via countout for the Title
  • Barbarian def. Jimmy Snuka
  • Tugboat def. Earthquake via DQ
  • Hawk/Animal/Ultimate Warrior (WWF Champion) def. Ax/Smash/Crush
  • Segment:  Hawk/Animal
  • Hawk/Animal def. Smash/Crush
  • Segment:  Call of the Action
  • Paul Roman def. Marty Jannetty 
  • Ted DiBiase def. Big Boss Man via DQ
  • Segment:  Outrageous Hits
  • Jake Roberts def. Mr. Perfect (Intercontinental Champion) via DQ for the Title

No comments: