2019/12/22

1991-02-24 WWF Challenge Review


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening...whenever it is you have found this entry.  Today we go back to a month before Wrestlemania 7 with Wrestling Challenge!  As always our hosts for the "B" show are Bobby The Brain and Gorilla!  Plus a newly turned face Greg Valentine takes on former tag team partner Dino Bravo!  Enough of my intro lets get to the action!

  • Always nice to see Pistol Pez, a great journeyman and always in great shape
  • I probably say this every time I review a show with Duggan but I am a huge Duggan fan!
  • WWE wishes they got ovations like this for their stars now!
  • How did Paul Roma not become a huge star?  He had the look and the skills were there.  Surprises me every time I see Roma
  • I always liked Jacques Rougeau best as one of the Quebecers
  • I am kind of surprised not to see the Rougeaus in the Hall of Fame, especially since Raymond has been with the company for so long
  • How does Jimmy Hart still look the same today as he did in 1991?
  • I wonder what Brawler is doing nowadays; just do not hear his name
  • I think people forget how smooth Tito was.  He just is not talked about a lot and should be
  • I think it would have been so much fun being Sgt. at this time.  Being as hated as he was, how great would have that been
  • You could not do this version of Sgt. because of the PC police
  • I think Hammer still looks like this now 
  • Hammer was another one of those guys that I have always liked, never had a bad match
  • How jacked was Dino back in the day?
  • It is odd to see Hammer as a good guy
  • Here comes big ol' Earthquake!  I miss Tenta
  • ITS FUR FACE!  One of the many failed gimmicks of Brutus
  • What is with that weird hand on the hip thing Hogan did?  I never noticed but its odd.  Hand on the hip and butt stuck out.  
  • Why is it that WWE has not put Martel in the Hall of Fame?  He, like Tito, is kind of forgotten about
These old shows are fantastic.  They fly by and you knew who was going to win almost every match.  It was about the fun of the matches and the characters.  Now fans think it is about having 30-minute matches with 12 flips and 40 false finishes...but what do I know?  I know what I like that is what I know!  Until next time....abyssinia!

Results
  • Jim Duggan def. Pez Whatley
  • Segment: Special Report:  Slick & Hercules & Paul Roma/Hawk & Animal
  • The Mountie def. Tom Landel via Submission
  • Event Center:  Jake Roberts/Bret Hart & Jim Neidhart (WWF Tag Team Champions)/Jerry Sags & Brian Knobbs & Jimmy Hart
  • Tito Santana def. Brooklyn Brawler
  • Interview:  Sgt. Slaughter (WWF Champion) & Gen. Adnan
  • Greg Valentine def. Dino Bravo via DQ
  • Event Center:  Jake Roberts/Jerry Sags & Brian Knobbs & Jimmy Hart
  • Wrestlemania Report:  Hulk Hogan/Randy Savage/Ultimate Warrior
  • Segment:  The Dragon
  • Rick Martel def. Dale Wolfe via Submission
  • Event Center:  Big Boss Man/Haku & Barbarian & Bobby Heenan

No comments: