2019/12/26

Classic Wrestling Review: 1991-03-02 Superstars


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening....whenever it is you have found this blog.  Going back to 1991 again, this time 3 weeks before Wrestlemania 7.  Vince McMahon and Roddy Piper are our announcers which is always fun.  We will see "Piss Drinking Champion" Jake Roberts, Mr. Perfect, Earthquake and more!  Oh, let us not forget an Ultimate Warrior interview!
  • It is the piss drinking champion of the world Jake Roberts!
  • Jake is the scum of the earth but he was good in the ring wasn't he
  • I think this was my favourite version of Hogan....well this or original nWo Hogan
  • It is the Berzer....the Viking...
  • I wish Roddy was still around so he could be announcing somewhere!
  • The Viking looked like he was related to Hacksaw
  • That is the fastest 10 count in the history of Pro Wrestling I think!
  • Damn Davey looked amazing at this point
  • I never really liked the Rockers
  • Also, I was one of those guys who thought Marty was the star...boy was I wrong!
  • They have only thrown 2 superkicks so far, that is not tag team wrestling!
  • Why does Kerry only have armband?  Oh right, it is Kerry!
  • Pistol Pez again!
  • Is Perfect the best ever?  I mean he was....perfect!
  • Brother Love looked weird with this little ponytail
  • Well that was short and quick....oh it is not over yet
  • That podium had to cost 5 maybe 10 bucks at IKEA
  • Wait...Love can out run the Warrior?
  • FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BROTHER LOVE IS A MAN OF LOVE!!!
  • Is Jeffrey Dean Morgan channelling Randy Savage as Negan?
  • It is always amazing to see Quake throw a dropkick
  • One of my favorite powerslams from Quake
  • IT IS FUR FACE!  I wonder where they were going to go with that gimmick
Another great show building up to Mania!  I do not know why but I am enjoying the WWF shows more than WCW.  Maybe it is because I remember this time of WWF and I had not found WCW yet in my fandom, which was less than a year in at this point.  The guys here feel like stars where WCW feels like the minor leagues for some reason.  Anyway another standard show but so much fun.  Wish modern wrestling felt this way!  Until next time...as always...abyssinia!

Results
  • Jake Roberts def. Terrence Blaylock
  • Update:  Hulk Hogan
  • The Viking def. Tommy Landel via Countout
  • Segment:  Toys R Us:  Big Boss Man
  • Event Center:  Davey Boy Smith/Mountie & Jimmy Hart/Tito Santana
  • Marty Jannetty/Shawn Michaels def. Brooklyn Brawler/Jerry Oates
  • Event Center: Paul Roma & Hercules & Slick/Hawk & Animal/Kerry Von Erich
  • Mr. Perfect (Intercontinental Champion) def. Pez Whatley
  • Brother Love:  Ultimate Warrior
  • Wrestlemania Report:  Randy Savage/Sgt. Slaughter (WWF Champion) & Gen. Adnan/Ted DiBiase/Bret Hart & Jim Neidhart (WWF Tag Team Champions)/"The Queen of England"
  • Segment:  The Dragon
  • Earthquake def. William Ford
  • Event Center:  Paul Bearer & Undertaker/Big Boss Man

No comments: