2019/12/30

2019-12-30 Raw review



Good morning, good afternoon, good evening....whenever it is you have found this entry.  Today I am getting way from classic wrestling and review the last Raw of the decade as it is happening!  I am not sure what we will so with very little hype lets get to the show!
  • I just do not get KO as a good guy, it just does not fit!
  • It is dangerous being an announcer on Raw, first Lesnar now the new Shield attacking announcers.  We need someone to stand up for the announcers!
  • I am SO tired of Rey Mysterio!  The only time I will cheer for Seth is because of them!
  • Here comes "security" who looks smaller then I am!
  • I love Charley!  She is so good at her job
  • I do not like Joe's hair but it is great that he is back in the ring!
  • I have heard that Paul Heyman is behind these two, but I just do get either one of them.  Both are okay but I just do not think they are going to be the draw like the guys in the first segment
  • Plus I hate Murphy's trunks!
  • Now that I read what I wrote I think the problem is that we need more character from these guys.  Give them time to grow.  I need to see them in feuds and grow then I can truly say if they are "stars"
  • I think my problem with Black is that his matches seem very rehearsed because of his kicks and such
  • Murphy does a hell of a job selling however
  • A superkick in wrestling?  That is new!
  • Can Lana wear white?  
  • For the record, I love the new Pokemon Go commercial 
  • Also, I hate the most recent Raw theme music
  • I bet Stevens wins this match!  Or Rowan kicks his stupid hair cut off his head!
  • Yep, his haircut was kicked off!
  • I am going to guess it is Luke Harper in that cage
  • Where is James Ellsworth when we need him?
  • They need to do an injury angle with Charlotte, get her off TV for 3-6 months.  As they say how can we miss you if you do not go away
  • What?  She is going to be in the Royal Rumble?  I am SHOCKED!
  • Is she getting paid extra for each time she says Royal Rumble?
  • Yep Natayla is going to win this match....and everyone who believes that stand on their head
  • Has there been a worst strut than what Charlotte does?
  • Are they turning Nattie tonight?
  • That spot was not good, not sure which lady was confused.  Honestly, I think it is because Nattie is a little on the short side
  • Of course, it is Eric Young that gets beat up, wonder if he misses Impact
  • Very few matches should go through two breaks and this is not one of them!
  • Nattie needs to update her gear, it has been the same for a long time
  • What is up with Liv Morgans new character?
  • AJ laughing just cracked me up!
  • I hate that Ford makes me laugh
  • I cannot believe that ref did not believe AJ.  AJ would NOT lie damn it!  I think Dawkins tried to kick him!
  • Is it wrestling law that an Anderson does a good spinebuster?
  • I see Ford being a major star one day!
  • Ryder and Hawkins are going to do the J-O-B in a handicap match
  • Edge is mentioned on TV...proof he is coming back?
  • AJ is such a jerk!
  • AJ should do it, Randy would to him!
  • WHAT?!  THAT IS HORRIBLE!
  • No announcement of the US Champs opponent?  Really?
  • I cannot tell if they are behind Ricochet or if he is a high-end enhancement talent
  • Ricochet landed hard!
  • Ricochet can sell like he is going to the electric chair as Ernie Ladd would say
  • Why are there empty seats on the stage?
  • King is right the official does look like Bill Belichick!  
  • Also why no bridesmaids or groomsmen?  
  • Lashley looks like Wayne Brady on the juice
  • This official sounds completely retarded
  • Well I am sure Lana wrote both vows
  • I KNEW IT!  
  • Twitter has been fantastic during this
  • Really?  They have brought back the WHAT chants?
  • WHO IN THE BLUE HELL IS THIS?
  • Fans are chanting Jerry Jerry Jerry, awesome!
  • OH GOOD GRIEF!
  • Oh my god, Lana is taking off her shoes!
  • I think Lana just flashed the world her lady bits!
  • Wait...is this Lana's lover....wait is that Liv Morgan?
  • Here comes Rusev!
Well that was a show for sure!  The middle hour went by really fast and was good.  I know this is going to surprise people but I LOVED the wedding.  That is the kind of comedy in wrestling I like.  I am not sure if this was the spot to bring Liv back in but we shall see.  The one thing that stood out for me was that Charlotte looked tired.  I think she needs a break, hopefully after Mania for her.  Overall a good show.  

Results
  • Segment:  Kevin Owens/Seth Rollins & Akam & Rezar/Samoa Joe
  • Highlights:  Andrade ‘Cien’ Almas def. Rey Mysterio (US Champion) for the Title
  • Interview:  Kevin Owens & Samoa Joe
  • Aleister Black def. Buddy Murphy
  • Segment:  Seth Rollins & Akam & Rezar
  • Segment:  Erick Rowan/Lana
  • Erick Rowan def. Kip Stevens
  • Segment:  Lana
  • Segment:  Charlotte Flair
  • Charlotte Flair def. Natalya via Submission
  • Interview:  Becky Lynch (Raw Womens Champion)
  • Segment:  Liv Morgan
  • Segment:  AJ Styles & Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows/Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford
  • Angelo Dawkins/Montez Ford def. Karl Anderson/Luke Gallows  
  • Segment:  Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford
  • Segment:  Drew McIntyre
  • Drew McIntyre def. Zack Ryder/Curt Hawkins
  • Segment:  Randy Orton/AJ Styles
  • Segment:  Rey Mysterio
  • Andrade ‘Cien’ Almas (US Champion) & Unannounced went to a no contest
  • Segment:  Andrade ‘Cien’ Almas (US Champion)/Ricochet
  • Andrade ‘Cien’ Almas (US Champion) def. Ricochet 
  • Interview:  Andrade ‘Cien’ Almas (US Champion) & Zelina Vega 
  • Wedding:  Bobby Lashley & Lana/Rusev

No comments: