2016/09/17

Was I wr....wr...wro...wrong?

Is it possible that I was wrong?  Until recently I don't think I was wrong about ANYTHING....EVER! Well I was once but comes to find I was mistaken!

Okay seriously though is it possible I was wrong about Colin Kaepernick and others protesting the National Anthem?  I heard others talk about it was about the message and not about the protester and I disagreed.

Let me say here that I'm not one of the most patriotic individuals in the world.  I stand for the National Anthem and remove my hat.  I don't know if I put my hand over my heart...probably do because it is automatic results but I'm not sure its been a long time since I was at an event that played it.  I didn't put a flag pin on after 9/11 or one of those magnetic flag ribbons. But as the song says, I am proud to be an American.

Like a lot of people I felt that he was going about it the wrong way that his message would be drowned out by his actions (I don't think I said it well in my previous blog about it but my lovely girlfriend can confirm that is what I meant).

However as more and more NFL players joined Colin it slowly moved from the protest to the message.  That is a good thing.  What these men are talking about is a serious issue right now in the US and I didn't mean to down play it if I did.

While I still disagree with sitting during the Anthem I still say it is his right.  If what these men are doing brings the discussion of race relations to the forefront in a time there hasn't just been another loss of life then isn't that a good thing?

So I ask you all again...was I wr....was I wro.....was I wrong when I thought that this was a pointless protest to keep his name in the limelight after a few bad years and being benched?

No comments: