2016/09/08

Movie Review: Insidious Chapter 3

Good morning, good afternoon, good evening, whenever you've found this blog.  I'm back with another movie review, this time the 3rd installment of the Insidious series.  It stars Dermot Mulroney, Stefanie Scott and Angus Sampson.  "A prequel set before the haunting of the Lambert family that reveals how gifted psychic Elise Rainier reluctantly agrees to use her ability to contact the dead in order to help a teenage girl who has been targeted by a dangerous supernatural entity."
  • Wait...so it is old Elise again?  
  • This series loves to play with time
  • As creepy as I find Elise, Lin Shaye does an amazing job in the role
  • Ah the love of siblings
  • Nice to see the movies director show up in his own flick...and being a jerk
  • Bet that guy was playing Pokemon Go
  • The above statement won't make sense in a year
  • I think dad likes that neighbor kid
  • So whose story is this this time?  Quinns?  Elise?  Mine?  Who knows
  • OH MY GOD!  It is the tar monster from Scooby Doo!  RUN ELISE RUN!
  • Never look over the edge of the bed
  • I still think it is the tar monster from Scooby Doo.  I think he had a breathing mask
  • First you look under the bed then you peak out from under the blanket.  YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW THE MONSTER RULES!
  • You don't need hands...or feet...or a face
  • Seriously when are Wyatts going to show up.  They keep using the Lantern gimmick!
  • More playing with the timeline?
  • Ah some foreshadowing
  • I love that Tucker is always eating
  • I am digging Tuckers haircut
  • Why is Specs wearing a Casper the Friendly Ghost jacket?  As a goof?
  • Parker really hates Elise for some reason
  • I knew it would be her husband in some way, obviously a trick but still
What to say about Chapter 3 here.  It has the best flow of any of them and I feel that it was the best written, minus the teenage talk, of the three.  However the acting took a step back.

The dad and the girl are not nearly the actors the main characters of 1 & 2 are.  This felt like more of a suspense flick than a horror flick and I liked that as well.  I just feel that the acting dropped it down a notch.  It could also be watching all three in two days wore me down on the scares involved, its hard to tell.

As I mentioned above I think the actress who does Elise is amazing in the role and Tucker and Specs are great as their bit part comedy duo.  

I think the flick as a whole was just missing something...and I think that some was Patrick Wilson. He was the actor in the first two that made them better than they were I think.

Overall I'll continue with my 6/10 standings of all three flicks.  Until next time....Abyssinia!

No comments: