2016/09/06

Movie Review: Insidious Chapter 2


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening, whenever it is you're reading this!  I am back with another movie review, this time I return to the world of horror with Insidious: Chapter 2.  I watched this several weeks back but as of posting this on 9/6/16 it has an IMDB rating of 6.6.  "The Lamberts believe that they have defeated the spirits that have haunted their family, but they soon discover that evil is not beaten so easily."  It stars Patrick Wilson, Rose Byrne and Barbara Hershey.
  • Uggg, already we're time shifting!  Where is the Doctor to protect the timeline damn it!
  • Is that a fake beard?  Looks fake to me
  • Young Elise is as creepy as old one.  
  • Did they dub old Elise over young?  Its creepy and doesn't seem to fit
  • This scene is really off-putting with the voice dub if that is what is happening.  It just seems off
  • I think that is Steve Harvey!
  • That kids walker with all the noise will come back into play
  • Has she learned nothing from all the weirdness, DON'T GO INVESTIGATE SHIT!
  • Really?  You used to be the logical one Josh
  • Why would they go investigate?  It makes no sense!  They know what is going to happen!
  • If this shit really happened to someone I don't think they'd ever turn the lights off
  • Ah yes, drugs to help you sleep.  That won't cause any problems with seeing things or what not
  • So he was using a bluetooth headset telling his mistress she has to go
  • Patrick Wilson does a good job at being creepy!
  • Why are basements/laundry rooms always poorly lit/powered in horror movies?
  • Why would you ever leave the baby alone?
  • YAHTZEE!
  • Sorry they are letters, I guess it is more like Boggle
  • THEY'RE HERE
  • That was one hell of a slap 
  • Well that is creepy, smelling his wife
  • Lots of attempted jump scares in these flicks
  • I told you all of this was Josh's moms fault
  • They just left all the records there in the old hospital, how nice
  • Has Josh checked on his daughter yet?
  • What is he going to do with a bat against ghosts?
  • For once people are being logical.  I'd be leaving too.  Tucker and Specs are almost logically...almost
  • That is not your brothers voice....
  • I knew that chandelier was coming down at some point!
  • Perfect place for Shave and a Hair Cut
  • So basically this is a Norman Bates situation to the Nth degree
  • Nice game of cat and mouse
  • Well that guy was quite creepy
  • Yep we need the Doctor to protect the timeline
  • I don't know if this timeline jumping is annoying, stupid or brilliant
  • Why would they have the kids come home?
  • Who didn't see the ending with Josh happening the way it did?
Okay I'm not sure what to think about this flick either.  They aren't bad movies but they are just there for me.  I feel like this one tried to be a little too much.  Slight comedy.  Slight Sci-Fi.  Horror.  What do you call it?  Throw in a little romance and you'd have a horror rom-com fi.  

I can't blame the actors because this cast is really good, even the creepy old ladies.  They are so good in their roles.  Also the effects are well done and a lot of them seem to be practical which I like in a world of CG.  

I just feel it was a little long and drawn out.  I believe a horror movie should be around 90 minutes not nearly 120.  

The other thing is that I feel the pacing was bad because it was a mix of Elise and Josh and Parker and Carl and Joshs mom story.  I feel like they were trying to do too much in this flick.  It caused a pacing issue for me.  I felt like I was in a standard car with someone learning to drive it.  Very jerky.

Overall I'd give this one a 6/10 as well.  Worth checking out I guess if you like horror but nothing to get super excited about

No comments: