2016/09/19

Movie Review: Frailty


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening...whenever you've come across this entry (whenever it is I post it).  Today (9/4) I am watching Frailty (2001) which stars Bill Paxton, Matthew McConaughey and Powers Boothe.  It has a 7.3 over on IMDB  "A man confesses to an FBI agent his family's story of how his religious fanatic father's visions lead to a series of murders to destroy supposed "demons.""  Lets go kill some demons!
  • Wow, that guy has a Sgt. Slaughter chin!
  • Why are FBI agents almost always southern?
  • Powers Boothe is a great actor
  • Demons are taking over the world!  That makes a lot of sense, I thought lizard people but demons make more sense
  • Kids are always kind of creepy in movies
  • I once put a tack on someones chair...but I don't think he was the devil
  • That is a LOT of peas!
  • Meatballs & Warriors...two drastically different movies
  • A vision from God?  Good grief!
  • Of course rednecks from Texas are the ones to know that the end of the world is coming
  • Wait...did Fenton imagine it all...is he the Hand of God killer?
  • Of course, magic axe and gloves...and then the magic pipe!
  • Wait...the gloves and axe are each weapons?  That is confusing, I thought the gloves activated the magic in the axe
  • Maybe?  Of course he isn't right in the head!
  • So God sends him lists of people to kill?  Didn't Son of Sam's neighbors dog do the same thing
  • Demons are like Santa Clause?  Krampus is still real though right?
  • Is that the Holy Pipe he has?
  • Sadly people believe shit like this in real life, nut jobs
  • Nice use of music in this scene, could have used some special effects of him seeing demons perhaps
  • Awesome, they have a murder van now!
  • Yeah that would mess a kid up
  • The camera shake gimmick was nice
  • I like this Fenton kid, I relate to him
  • I'm stubborn enough I might have gone back out and dug all night, especially as a kid!
  • Is that demon Michael Bay?  I almost encourage that demon being destroyed!
  • And now the Sheriff has to die because of you kiddo
  • Nice use of lighting there, Fenton fading into the darkness
  • That is one creepy rose garden
  • Again the sad thing is people do this to their own kids
  • Weeks without food...then you get an amazing TV dinner...that is awesome!
  • This guy...might actually be a demon...
  • Wait...did Fenton really "see God"?  I would have lied through my teeth then got the hell out of there
  • OH MY GOD!  IS GOING TO KILL HIS DAD!!
  • Young Fenton looks a little bit like ROH star Kyle O'Reilly
  • Yeah...his destiny
  • Good thing no one ever goes into that rose garden
  • Wait...that wasn't right...that doesn't make sense...its all been a lie...he is Adam?  I guess he never killed a person so he didn't like
  • You just have to have a little faith!
  • No I see why they didn't do the demon visions earlier
  • This was all a set up?  Was any of that story true? 
  • Huh...I guess there is something to the whole "faith" thing
Well that was interesting.  I have to say I didn't have it figured out until the Fenton/Adam thing in the Rose Garden.  Very well done and great performances by everyone.

Overall I'd give it an 8/10.  It was really well done and had me completely fooled, thinking it was just an admission of his past crimes.

There isn't a lot more for me to about this film without major spoilers but if you like a good thriller/suspense flick check this one out!

Until next time...remember...you just have a little faitha faitha faitha


No comments: