2019/10/13

2019-10-11 Smackdown Review


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening....whenever it is you have found this entry.  Today I am watching this weeks Smackdown.  It is Draft Friday boys and girls and who will bleed blue and who will bleed red?  My pick of the first pick of the first round is BROCK LESNAR!...wait...he cannot be picked tonight?  Well find then I will go with Roman Reigns
  • It is interesting that Ember Moon is in the Smackdown entrance when she is rarely used
  • Also the new Smackdown intro music SUCKS!
  • They are giving us Reigns vs. Rollins live on Smackdown?  Really want to get big numbers for Fox!
  • Still weird now having Cole on Raw but no Smackdown again 
  • I like that Seth brings out the best of Reigns.  Reigns is good given the correct opponent.  
  • I know they say Seth or Reigns should be number one but if it was me it would be Lesnar first,  then New Day, then Bray Wyatt, then Strowman, then Becky
  • Rollins is so damn good but he is also formulaic a bit.  
  • That was an awesome counter to the spear!  Do not think I have seen that before
  • ITS THE FIEND!!
  • HE JUST DRUG ROLLINS TO HELL AND BACK!
  • I love that hey have CGI Football Robot in Fox!
  • Of course, Stephanie is there
  • Becky is the number one pick again!  AWESOME!
  • Reigns stay on Smackdown, interesting
  • I like that the OC stayed together
  • Wait...the Fiend goes to Friday!  Woway Zowie!
  • Drew is still a thing?  When was the last time we saw him?
  • Uggg, this fake war room stuff is bad
  • I thought that was Taz not Joe
  • Love the shot at Rene's husband by Joe!  TAKE THAT MOXLEY!
  • I know I am in the minority but I love King Corbin
  • What is with these weird camera shots?
  • Fox is really throwing their stars at Smackdown
  • I love that Cole is calling him Shorty Gable
  • I would have Gable be the man on 205 every week
  • Not sure I would have had King Corbin win but that's okay
  • Orton to Raw, interesting
  • Sasha to Smackdown...who cares
  • Ricochet says on Raw okay
  • STROWMAN TO SMACKDOWN!!!
  • Lashley is still a thing that people care about?
  • Heyman is the best in the business
  • Why is Kofi so happy?  He is over being a FORMER champion?
  • I love that the WWE does the cancer stuff but it is a bit of a downer and hurts the pacing of the show.  I know it is weird to say but would the NFL or NBA stop middle of the third quarter to do something?  It is just strange
  • I would watching AJ vs. Kofi a few times
  • Kofi needed that win
  • I love me som Alexa Bliss, so underrated
  • Lacey Evans to Smackdown.  I like her!
  • Kevin Owens to Raw?  Interesting....
  • The Top Guys stay on Smackdown!  I would like to see them on every wrestling show honest
  • Why would anyone waste a pick on Nattie?  Nothing personal but why
  • Wait....why only Alexa?  No Nikki Cross and Alexa Bliss?
  • Viking Raiders stay on Raw.  Future champs right there!
  • Why would you take the Lucha House Party?  Maybe they will get a big push
  • Wait....they used two draft picks on Cross and Bliss?
  • Heavy Machinery stays on Smackdown.  Love me some Otis!
  • My wife just said we are not going to watch Raw anymore because of the Street Profits
  • Will Bayley get the title back?  If so why change the title in the first place
  • Fans booing Bayley?
  • Bayley with a hoodie?  Is she a meanie now?
  • SHE IS KILLING HER WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM FLAILING TUBE MEN!!
  • SHE ALSO CUT HER HAIR!!
  • Love the new hair cut on Bayley
  • Charlotte does too many high risk moves for her size in my opinion
  • Charlotte is awful at hitting the moonsault.  It looks amazing but she cannot land it right, always looks like a flipping moonsault elbow shot
  • Someone is bleeding the ref has the gloves on!
  • She just beat Charlotte clean?!
Well that was a shocking way to end the show!  A heel Bayley just won the title back and basically clean.  Used the hair to pull Charlotte down but that is....did Bayley just say bitches?  Damn I love it!

A much better show this week I think.  I felt like it flowed better and was paced better, minus the segment with the New Day.  

Once again, however, I feel like they wasted AJ Styles.  Hopefully not a trend.

I would give the show a solid B.  Not perfect but very good.  I enjoyed it more than AEW this week especially with the fantastic Bayley turn.

No comments: